Help me buy a tough new Dumb Phone with crazy battery life, please?

Hey.

Now that I am a proud member of the engineering workforce of India, I find my old '08 blackberry becoming more obsolescent by the day. I am in the market for a brand new spanking cellphone, and I need your input. Here are my needs:

1. Should have a really long battery life
2. Should NOT have a touchscreen
3. Does not need to have killer looks
4. Should be able to resist occasional dips in water
5. Should not mind being dropped to the floor often
6. Should not burn a hole in my pocket.

To summarize, I need a cheap-as-hell Dumb Phone with a long battery and some mechanical solid-ness.

Any suggestions? πŸ˜€

Edit on 08 August: you can ignore the requirement for "cheap-as-hell" if mechanical sturdiness is being compromised..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Samsung had this awesome 'WAVE' phone series which they discontinued. I owns S8500 for 2-3 years and it refused to die even after 5 days of use! Grab one if you can get any.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Dude why dont you buy Nokia 1100 or similar model running right now. Ever green in your requirements. Apart from that, it works like a bomb too. You can throw it on others if you are angry and it wont take a glitch. Added feature exclusively. πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    😨
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    😨

He wants a phone made of Stone or Steel. Nokia FTW!!!!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Better stay with blackberry if you have big pocket.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Better stay with blackberry if you have big pocket.

As i said He wants a phone of steel. BlackBerry is delicate. Plus he isn't into show off business. Look at the points and requirements.

Gurjap
    Hey.

To summarize, I need a cheap-as-hell Dumb Phone with a long battery and some mechanical solid-ness.

Any suggestions? πŸ˜€

He wants cheap phone. Blackberry is quite fancy and expensive
  • lal
    lal
    This might be it 😁
    What do you know? Make your own Aduino cell phone

Well, jokes apart. You might have to go back to Nokia Symbian series. The good old N and E!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Considering all the points, it would be good if you go for a brand like Micromax or Karbonn..

They have a good battery life, I had Micromax Q75, and it's battery lasted for more than 3-4 days, with average use, and 7 days on standby..

I know these specs are somewhat hard to beleive, but I have experienced that..

Don't go for 2k -3k ranged phones..

try at least for 4k-5k ones...they are really good..
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I use a Micromax A5110Q too. I think i got the model number right. Well its Canvas2+. If you dont use 3g, it has a nice battery life, but on data connection, battery life sucks. It flows down like an hourglass. And i m frustrated with this
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How about this?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The best thing Try Nokia Asha 300 series they have Super cool looks and less cost and battery Nokia rules the world

Other criterias all are met So no trouble in them also
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Nokia batteries are made by samsung actually. RIP the cover, you will see samsung print marks, batch no etc. Atleast the BL450 i saw myself
  • lal
    lal
    I don't really think Micromax or Carbon will survive a drop from pretty decent heights. One of his conditions is to survive frequent falls to hard floors 😁
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well that is why is suggested Nokia 1100 to him in the starting itself. That phone is wild as a beast. Pure muscle damage to anything in its free fall. 😁 That hard rock phone rules!!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Karbonn compromised on hardware strength to reduce the price of the gadget and so that is out of the list

So is micromax A fall from 2 feet is like fatal for them (Personal experience)
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Hmm. Guess I can relax the requirement for "cheap", but the rest, I really can't.

#-Link-Snipped-#: It's rainy season, and I drive a bike. Also, I am known for dropping my phones rather often.

PS.Very good replies, thanks.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Get Samsung Guru series they have insane battery life, standby is upto 15 days.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    Hmm. Guess I can relax the requirement for "cheap", but the rest, I really can't.

#-Link-Snipped-#: It's rainy season, and I drive a bike. Also, I am known for dropping my phones rather often.

PS.Very good replies, thanks.
    Maybe time to work on habits! πŸ˜‰

Samsung Guru is one nice phone. My friend had it and he was incredibly happy with it. I doubt it resists water though.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315; Just keep it in Sun light for couple of hours.. it will be all fine again.
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315 -- This can crack the floor 😁
    Gurjap
    Hey.
    Nokia - 3315
    The only challenge is you need to find from where you can get that device in market.
    I am sure even a second hand Nokia - 3315 works wonder.
    -CB
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Extra feature:
    Nokia - 3315
    No one can bully you. throw this phone on anyone and it will hit harder than a brick πŸ˜›
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Although the 3315 was the clear favorite, I have settled on Samsung GT C3322.

Samsung C3322 - Full phone specifications

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well i just observed that i m getting some trophies for my post count and ratings. Can anyone tell me the criteria for advancing to the next level. I saw...
I read on Wikipedia that each country has its own 'Engineers Day'. In India, engineers day is celebrated on September 15th. I thought of compiling a huge collection of "Happy...
We feel incredibly awesome while writing this post and promise that once you're done reading it, you'll feel awesome too. Knowing that even the fastest of the supercomputers in the...
Hello CEans, Let's arrange one CE-Meet at Ahmedabad. Location : TBD Date : TBD Say 'Aye' if you want to join us.
Quote: South Korea has rolled out the world’s first road-powered electric vehicle network. The network consists of special roads that have electrical cables buried just below the surface, which wirelessly...