Help in understanding single line diagram!

Hi Guys, really need some help here due to my lack of knowledge in the electrical field. basically i dont understand the circuit in the following link
#-Link-Snipped-#

From the left side, 3 phase grid voltage 240v, current ~4A is coming in (4 wires, 3Live 1 neutral). after the first MCB on the left, i noticed there is a MCT which im assuming is some current transformer. below them is earth leakage relay and a shunt trip, below going back into the MCCB.

can anyone explain to me what is the purpose of having the current transformer??? and also if i can actually 'simplify' this circuit by replacing the center protection to just a MCCB with ELCB functions?

THANKS!!!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI, Sir I am ketan i am doing BE in Electrical and electronics engineering. I am so much interested in Astronomy and astrophysics line from my childhood. I also written...
What is the best site to create online quiz ? 😕
hiiiiiiii i' mukesh i'm in 4 th year suggest me topic for project in java with oracle 10 g
The networks rely on NAPs, backbones and routers to talk to each other. What is incredible about this process is that a message can leave one computer and travel halfway...
The Art of Asking Questions - Ron Ashkenas - Harvard Business Review