help about paper presentations

Im doing my 3rd yr BE can anyone please explain me in detail regarding the paper presentation procedure at various symposiums.what should i actually do?take someone's research paper or it should be my own research work? can i do it alone or as a team?
what is hard and soft copy? in what format should i have to type the paper?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    m.vivekanandan
    Im doing my 3rd yr BE can anyone please explain me in detail regarding the paper presentation procedure at various symposiums.what should i actually do?take someone's research paper or it should be my own research work? can i do it alone or as a team?
    what is hard and soft copy? in what format should i have to type the paper?
    Each Symposium usually distributes appropriate instructions to authors. You cannot present a paper that is already published or presented elsewhere whether your own or another's. However, you can present a critical review paper in the area of interest to the symposium. Latest advances in technology relevant to the symposium can also be presented. This is especially useful in a symposium, which will be attended by industry people, who are pressed for time and do not spend time reading literature on the latest advances.

Hard copy is the printed version of your presentation. Soft copy is in a computer readable version in word or other specified software. This helps the symposium organisers to bring out a souvenir with all presentations for sending to participants in advance of the symposium.

You can present your own work or your team's work. You cannot present another's work unless that person had requested you to do so. In such a case, you must mention this before you present.

Many symposia allow and encourage poster presentations. These are done outside the main venue of the event. This is more casual. However, sometimes it is better as it is more interactive, less formal and more intimate.

PDF
    How to present a paper

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody , I am Richa currently in my final year of engineering at DTU, India. I am overwhelmed upon joining this site as this is going to answer all...
Is Fluid Coupling (Torque Convertor) is better then conventional Friction Clutch?
pls tell me the instrumentation on seminar topics
can we run two repaint methods at the same time in java applets programming.