Hello Guys, I need some sugesstion regarding chosing job

Hi all of you, myself Shuvam from M.S. Ramaiah college Bangalore. First of all i must say Crazy Engineer is an awesome blog for freshers like us.

Well coming to my query, i am kind of in a dilemma.. ๐Ÿ˜”
I got placed in all the three mass recruiters(CTS,Infosys,Wipro), well my doubt is not about joining which among the three, i opted for CTS. But recently in march KPIT Cummins visited our college,and i got through it.

Now my doubt is which one should go for? My job profile in KPIT Cummins is "Trainee in the domain of Electronics". I love embedded technology,automotive,controllers etc. So i really want to go for this core job but then the review on the net about this company is very bad.Now that's what troubling me now,should i take a chance and go for kpit or just stick to the famous CTS wagon!

All my fellow engineers and my respected seniors please suggest me on this! If anyone has any idea about KPIT do enlighten me about their market condition,growth and Joining date,i have heard they sometime don't honor their offer letter sometimes!

Hoping to get some really good advice!

Cheers fellows!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    People would talk bad about every company out there. A rule of thumb would be to make a choice based on your likings. If you love embedded, automotive and controllers; KPIT is a clear choice. CTS would make you a typical software engineer and my experience tells me that switching domain later in your career is going to be difficult. We recently published an exclusive Small Talk with the CEO of KPIT, Mr. Ravi Pandit: #-Link-Snipped-# . Go through it and see what they're up to.

Ultimately, it all comes down to 'What you want to do'. Opting for a different line of career just because of the bad reviews isn't the right thing to do. If you love electronics & instrumentation; KPIT seems to be a better choice to me.
  • Shuvam
    Shuvam
    Thank you.. your reply was really helpful. I was just worried about the company profile since i have not heard about it much. I just want to find out the background of the company and its growth. And i will go for it!!
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Great........
  • Shuvam
    Shuvam
    whats great in this..?? Still no one commented about the company.. waiting for ceians replies!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shuvam
    whats great in this..?? Still no one commented about the company.. waiting for ceians replies!
    I thought you found your answer and action items already:

Shuvam
    Thank you.. your reply was really helpful. I was just worried about the company profile since i have not heard about it much. I just want to find out the background of the company and its growth. And i will go for it!!
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Hi Shuvam, As biggie suggested it is better to opt for core electronics profile. If you are not satisfied with the company, after getting a minimum of one year exp. in core electronics you may get offers from better companies....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Don't listen to any one else, follow your heart. At the end of the day, you want to live a life of satisfaction. And it will come only when you love the job you do. Are you interested in programming/development/testing jobs.. the one that a typical software engineer has to do? If that is your cup of tean, go for any one of them - CTS, Infosys or Wipro.
    Else KPIT Cummins is always a good choice.
  • Shuvam
    Shuvam
    Thank You Guys!!! I will go for KPIT ๐Ÿ˜€ cheers!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shuvam
    Thank You Guys!!! I will go for KPIT ๐Ÿ˜€ cheers!!
    Good to hear that. Hope to see you around on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • puja jaiswal
    puja jaiswal
    Shuvam
    Hi all of you, myself Shuvam from M.S. Ramaiah college Bangalore. First of all i must say Crazy Engineer is an awesome blog for freshers like us.

Well coming to my query, i am kind of in a dilemma.. ๐Ÿ˜”
    I got placed in all the three mass recruiters(CTS,Infosys,Wipro), well my doubt is not about joining which among the three, i opted for CTS. But recently in march KPIT Cummins visited our college,and i got through it.

Now my doubt is which one should go for? My job profile in KPIT Cummins is "Trainee in the domain of Electronics". I love embedded technology,automotive,controllers etc. So i really want to go for this core job but then the review on the net about this company is very bad.Now that's what troubling me now,should i take a chance and go for kpit or just stick to the famous CTS wagon!

All my fellow engineers and my respected seniors please suggest me on this! If anyone has any idea about KPIT do enlighten me about their market condition,growth and Joining date,i have heard they sometime don't honor their offer letter sometimes!

Hoping to get some really good advice!

Cheers fellows!
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to hear that. Hope to see you around on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys aNaN from india ...๐Ÿ˜€ a mechanical engineer ๐Ÿ˜
guys i need some help with regard to my project i want to heat an aluminum alloy pin (A-356) to a temperature upto 300 degree celcius is this possible through...
Hello friends, I have an 10 year experience in electronic hardware industry and want to do something growth of income. Can anyone suggest/introduce me some products based on PCB Assembly...
Can I change my username on crazyengineer? if yes how?
Hello Friends! Is there a Virtual Desktop utility for Windows 7, that will render just the 2nd desktop to an external monitor?