Hello from Debojyoti

Subject : Can I improve my proficiency and command over spoken English?

Hello,
I am Debojyoti and I have recently registered to CE. I found this to be extremely charming as I am myself pursuing B.Tech at N.I.T. Durgapur under the Mechanical Engineering Department. I wish to thank CE for providing such a rigid platform for all our members.
I have passed out from St. Xavier's school , Durgapur (English medium). Perhaps due to my conservative attitude I have seriously failed to achieve firm grip over spoken English , although I have participated in local debate competitions. Moreover I have acquired a serious level of stammering since childhood. At this phase of life I seriously intend to clear off such constraints.
Being a member I beg to seek help regarding this matter as I am quite fed up with so many other unauthorised private courses and their camouflaged attitude to haul money.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Debojyoti ๐Ÿ˜€

We are happy to have you with us on CE. We hope you will enjoy CE and help us spread the word among your friends.

Active participation in ongoing discussions is a very good way to improve your English. If you face any problems, we all are here to help ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Debojyoti
    Subject : Can I improve my proficiency and command over spoken English?

Hello,
    I am Debojyoti and I have recently registered to CE. I found this to be extremely charming as I am myself pursuing B.Tech at N.I.T. Durgapur under the Mechanical Engineering Department. I wish to thank CE for providing such a rigid platform for all our members.
    I have passed out from St. Xavier's school , Durgapur (English medium). Perhaps due to my conservative attitude I have seriously failed to achieve firm grip over spoken English , although I have participated in local debate competitions. Moreover I have acquired a serious level of stammering since childhood. At this phase of life I seriously intend to clear off such constraints.
    Being a member I beg to seek help regarding this matter as I am quite fed up with so many other unauthorised private courses and their camouflaged attitude to haul money.
    I used to stammer pretty badly myself. In fact, sometimes I stammer even now, although it has reduced a lot!!

One way you can overcome this by identifying the situations which cause stammering. For me these were situations where i was either excited or nervous..

When you think you're going to stammer, take a brief pause and repeat in your mind what you're going to say.

Make a conscious effort to speak s-l-o-w-l-y. This helps a lot I've noticed.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hi...welcome to CE

try to have confidence in your self while speaking and speak slowly then you will find that you are not stammering....
  • inbapuvi
    inbapuvi
    Welcome to CE, Debojyoti
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    Welcome to our CE family..๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome, glad to have you here.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    welcome to CE debajyoti...we look forward to your contributions with us here.....have a blast!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Welcome to CE,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. m doin a mini project on automatic roomlight controller with visitor counter using a microcontroller at89s52 a)y ride software is used?? wat is d difrence between ride n mide??...
CEans, Its a pleasure to announce that CE & BITS PILANI GOA campus have join hands for QUARK 2010. QUARK is BITS PILANI Goa Campus' academic festival. QUARK organizers will...
A new mobile phone charger that will work with any handset has been approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), a United Nations body.Industry body the GSMA predicts that 51,000...
Can anyone help me get a nice project for electrical and electronics final year, which has a high relevance to automobile engineering?? I am really out of time. Its almost...