Hello everyone!

I'am a recent graduated Civil Engineer from Portugal, specialized in Geotechnical Enginnering. Currently i´am doing research, about buried structures in high speed railways (box culverts (5x5 meters) mainly). So if someone want some informations about that thematic please ask, also, if someone have information regarding that thematic please share 😉

going to be active

regards

raffah

Replies

• dazzling
    dazzling
    Hi, and welcome to CE. you might have read my introduction.i m doing civil engg.i m glad to meet u.please explain mechanism of buried structures in brief if u can.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE!!
  • raffah
    raffah
    dazzling
    Hi, and welcome to CE. you might have read my introduction.i m doing civil engg.i m glad to meet u.please explain mechanism of buried structures in brief if u can.
    Hello dazzling, nice to meet you.

Answering your question, the mechanism of buried structures, precast box culverts in the case, is highly connected with the stiffness of the structure.

In structures with low stiffness (high flexibility and high ranges of deformation) we observe an arch phenom, that transfer the loads from the soil directly above the box culvert, to the lateral colunms of soil, reducing the load over the structure. In structures with higher stiffness the effect is reverse, increasing the load over the structure.

This is the main subject of my research, but other important points are: the effect of rail over the structure, mainly in the transiction zone; the building process and the effects of it in the structure, etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, raffah 😀 We hope you will enjoy CE and help us spread the word. We look forward to active contribution from you! 😀
  • dazzling
    dazzling
    thank you raffah ma'am. i understood whatever u've told.it might be helpful in my future lyf. have a good day.keep in touch.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hello raffah
    welcome to CE.😀
    happy to see that you have already taken an active participation in CE
    looking forward to more.😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hello raffah.
    welcome to CE
    hope to have an active participation from you.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    welcome to CE family..you will get everything here 😀
    hope to get activation from you..
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Hi

Wel come To CE family...

Hope you have a great time here

Keep an active participation on CE..!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Welcome to CE,
  • patsham
    patsham
    hello Raffah,
    welcome to CE.....
    keep sharing your knowledge...
    have a great time here...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    welcome to CE raffah..!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Welcome to CE family
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Welcome to CE family 👍

Hope to get active participation from you
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hi..welcome to CE...
  • inbapuvi
    inbapuvi
    Welcome to CE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, if someone have: EN 13369:2004 (Common rules for precast concrete products) please share. thanks in advance raffah
i have an idea of doing project in two wheelers,can i have a clear explanation about the parts and working of two wheelers or tell me any websites which can...
hi friends this is my question😔😔 Suppose if i want to connect a 12 watt bulb in series with a resister, to home power supply(220v AC,50hz) then what value of...
I am interfacing a mobile phone with a micro controller using a DTMF decoder (HT9170) and the signals from the head set cable. I need a provision to detect when...
Suggest a project on which we ourselves can work . Components should be easily available . Should cover some part of nagpur university syllabus . Suggest some sites to visit...