Hello all, a madman has arrived

Well now, what should I say? Im a tinkerer, always have been. My interest is combining old and new technology, I find their blending to be a major compulsion. My current main project is installing a 2003 hyundai 2.7L V-6 and 4speed auto transaxle into the rear of a 1939 plymouth four door, that has had the top cut off to become a roadster. Im using a 4 wheel drive toyota front hubs in place of the hyundai's units. Im seriously debating converting it to propane, as Ive the space up front where the engine used to be. Im using an electric water pump to help push the water to the radiator, which will be in the stock location. Im using an Opel GT rack and pinion front suspension, as its much more positive acting and lower, than the stock independant suspension. I will be scratch building a vacuum tube radio with digital tuning for this.

Beyond that.. I restore vintage electronics. Im currently building a vacuum tube television set. Using the plans for a teledyne/packard bell 12s chassis. Though ive been running into numerous problems with that. A constant reacurring horizontal deflection issue.

I do have plans for an electric dunebuggy. Though the cost is keeping me from building it at this time. As I will be using titanium tubing for the frame, ion batteries and a custom high pressure laminate carbon fiber body. Set to look akin to a '28 ford roadster pickup. Oh well, at least im gathering parts for that future build.

I hope I havent put anyone off with my talk of cars. I like to use them as a base to try my skills and the knowledge ive gained. I dont know if anyone here will be able to help me with any of these, but im sure ill have fun reading about some of your projects.

~Jay

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    :welcome: to CE, Jay!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    :welcome: to CE Forum, Jay

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😀can some one please tell me any good projects on incompressible flows and the application of finite element method in fluid mechanics?
[h=3]The intention of shot peening is ultimately to alter the mechanical properties of a given surface. By hitting the surface with controlled shot the surface will deform plastically. Two of...
please give me ideas about the incompressible fluid flow and the application of finite element method in fluid mechanics
Here is an ongoing discussion in UK. Quote: Design, technology and the National Curriculum A group of designers and industrialists, including James Dyson and Paul Smith, have warned education secretary...
Quote:Watch the Speed Demon make a 462 mph pass at Bonneville from many different angles in and around the car. Awesome! endquote What Does 462 MPH Feel Like? - Autoholics