HELICOPTERS go Electric !

When the world opens its doors for the new state-of-art electric vehicles in need of the rising global eco-challenges; how could the flying machines stay back in line?! Three test-flights were undertaken by three different firms on Electric Helicopter, the upcoming future. One of it was the world's leading helicopter-manufacturing company Eurocopter , that tested its single-engined helicopter powered by lithium-ion batteries. Now that's one great technology to watch out for in near future!
Read More :- #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That'd be great. Virgin Galactic is already testing new type of fuels for their space-ships. I think hybrid is the way to future.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    You are right
    The_Big_K hybrid is the way to future as the fuels are limited and getting price hike regularly so companies are moving towards hybrid versions that's my many new carsare coming in hybrid version.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Great article, thanks for sharing. It is a good initial start to developing viable manned electric flight vehicles.
  • Giwa
    Giwa
    Great innovation. do you think li-ion battery as the only engine power source is reliable enough for a flying object?
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I think soon we will be hearing that Shep are going to be electric!!! as ever brand is coming up with its hybrid or electric car.
  • saptm
    saptm
    Can't we use some power source for the vehicle like the solar or wind. Can't we use the blades of the helicopter as a power source?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've recently had few of my friends give up their cushy MNC IT jobs to join startups in the product domain. Their main decision maker was 'the missing challenge'. I...
Flipkart is a leading example of how product shipping done right can lead to returning customers and increased profitability. I've often wondered how much does it cost for these companies...
The Indian netpreneurship domain seems to be full of deal based and eCommerce websites. Let's have a poll to determine which eCommerce website CEans think is the best. First suggest...
Lot of CEans have joined the corporate world in the past few months. I'd like to invite your experiences of joining the companies. What were your expectations and what did...
Hi!! This is Prem Anand from Chennai. I'm doing my Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I'm interested in Hacking and Network related stuff......hope i find some interesting stuff...