Heat treatment for H13 Die Steel

why heat treatment is required for H13 die steel before machining??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    May I request all the mechanical engineering folks to look into this? #-Link-Snipped-# , maybe you could offer some help?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Heat treatment is application specific. For machining it, you will not want to harden it (no quenching). May be you should specify what you are trying to do. Do you want to make die casting tool?

Refer manual for the material.
    Also this may help-https://#-Link-Snipped-#
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The heat treatment process known as Annealing can be used on steels to reduce strength or hardness thus making the steel easier to form and machine.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    International Mold Steel DH2F Pre-Hardened H13-Type Mold Steel

If the steel is pre heat treated, post machining operations, cost and time can be reduced. It is not clear if your question refers to this option of pre-hardened free machining steel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We just wrote about the latest innovation from NXP Semiconductors - production of Yellow LEDs that give you the old 'Yellow' light from the Edison's times. I'm not familiar with...
Engineers at Rice University and Israel's Technion University have created the nanotube fibers which exhibit totally unique properties. First the conductivity is 10 times that of the graphite conductors, strength...
Love free music on your phone? Gaana.com has launched an app for the Android, iOS, Blackberry, Nokia and Samsung platforms - that lets you have access to millions of the...
The next smartphone to wait for is definitely the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung's finally confirmed that the upcoming Galaxy S4 screen will be massive 4.99" wide (diagonally), will have...
hii,this is martin sujith.I am persuing my engineering in information technology.I am intrested in knowing about new technologies.I joined crazy engineers becoz to gain knowledge.