Heat Exchange: Best way to fix steam leak on the coil?

Hi Richard we are having problem with our heat exchanger.. what is the best way to fix steam leak on the coil?

elmer

Replies

• Richard O'Connor
    Richard O'Connor
    Re: Greetings!

elmer
    Hi Richard we are having problem with our heat exchanger.. what is the best way to fix steam leak on the coil?

elmer
    Hi Elmer, steam coil heat exchangers aren't something we generally get involved in due to the PED regulations. With steam we would normally work with a Plate Heat Exchanger.

Is your coil like this one in the picture? #-Link-Snipped-#
    If so, then a leaking coil tube will need to be replaced in my opinion.

If your tubes are in a core, then it depends on where the leak is. Tubes are often roller expanded into the joints so it could be that one tube wasn't expanded correctly. If you have a split tube then it may be worth consulting a local re-tubing company to see if they can replace the tube (but this will of course depend on the type or heat exchanger you have as well as the age, condition etc)

In any case, it is worth considering how the problem has arose. Do you know what pressures and temperatures you are working with? Could this have caused the tube to split or caused any other problems leading to the leak? It's all worth knowing in case you have to replace the heat exchanger with a more suitable alternative.

I hope this information helps, I'm not the expert when it comes to coils or steam applications but if you can offer any more information as to the exact heat exchanger type you have then that would be great 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved posts from greetings to Mechanical engineering section in a new thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are addict to playing games like Farmville on Facebook, you’ll be required to share your email address with the game developer. If you don't want to share your...
Google Authorship is a feature for displaying author information in search results. This feature is being rolled out gradually and will be implemented algorithmically, so author information will not always...
[video=youtube;-MPIZKPhfDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MPIZKPhfDY&feature=player_embedded[/video] The description says: What's YOUR "Warm and Fuzzy" moment? Share it with us on Photovine. Details coming soon. What do you think it is? Another photo sharing website from...
Instructional Objectives - I Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof.A.B.Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask questions.
i passed in B.E(CSE) by second div....m i eligible for IT jobs?????plz help me....😔