Headset on telephone hack

Some time ago, I had an idea: put a headset on a telephone.

Unfortunately I haven't electrical knowledge or experience. However I think the procedure should be very simple.

I disassemble telephone and headset cables. Noted that speakers cables are green/red, so probably are some standard. I crossed them to take headset speaker on telephone.

But when the speaker receive some signal, a noise invades. For my happiness the noise have correlation with the original signal ( eg. voice trough the line). So I believe that even though follow the same standard have different input/output specifications,
something like tubes, which despite serving for the same thing, does so with different capabilities.

Despite microphone don't have equal cable colours, I tried and worked well. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜Ž

If you want just reply, my questions are:
  • What the unit measure of an speaker, and how to discovery it?
  • I have to buy a speaker with the same specifications of the original, ok?
Somebody can help me?

obs:
sorry by my confused english, I'm brazilian.
โ€‹

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey..im a third year student of chemical engineering..ive got an exhibition in march...im really confused about it..i mean what to make...kindly help me out
i would like to know about some few recently developed open source codes in mobile phones.
i am planning to build a BEAM ROBOT.which embedded system to start with for the hardware??????? i'd be gratefull if details about the components for the robot is given.............๐Ÿ˜
wat is it all about the open source code application for android??????? wat r it's features?????
CEans, As you all know, CE will celebrate its 3[sup]rd[/sup] Birthday tomorrow and it needs time off to get ready for a new start ๐Ÿ˜€ ! CE will go offline...