He that will learn to pray, let him go to sea

What is the meaning of the idiom:
#-Link-Snipped-#
Are there multiple interpretations to it also?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is possible that in the 16th century when this was written ships were sailing ones without power and at the mercy of the winds. One had to be intrepid to undertake a sea voyage. Hence the need to invoke God's help.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    A.V.Ramani
    It is possible that in the 16th century when this was written ships were sailing ones without power and at the mercy of the winds. One had to be intrepid to undertake a sea voyage. Hence the need to invoke God's help.
    does it mean that those who are overconfident , should be sent to the sea (real life) so that they can face the real challenges in life. Actually that is what I can figure out from your explanation. Am I right?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    proffy
    Am I right?
    Not quite that. What I meant was that sea faring was a dangerous activity and hence the need for prayer. The author seems by implication to be warning people embarking on any dangerous activity.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    A.V.Ramani
    Not quite that. What I meant was that sea faring was a dangerous activity and hence the need for prayer. The author seems by implication to be warning people embarking on any dangerous activity.
    thanks.... it got it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HELLO SIR THIS COMMUNITY WILL BE CANCEL PLEASE HELP ME?
Please can anybody explain me about Schrödinger's equation.
A team of researchers from various geographies have succeeded in developing first of its kind, one-step process to create unique carbon-based nanomaterials that exhibits amazing thermal, electrical as well as...
Is it essential to bring personal profile and profile about the company for an interview?
I am always confused with the following terms and their meanings pertaining to Linux operating system: Time shared systems multiprogramming system multiuser system multitasking system What is the dividing line...