HCL Android Tablet: HCL ME AE7-A1

HCL has secretly launched android based tablets in Indian markets. HCL decided to launch 3 different tablets to cater to different segments with pricing and features. HCL has been actively advertising on Television and on Internet about their 4 billion dollar company status and also boasting their presence in various domains. HCL has been a popular brand in the Laptops and Desktops market and keeping up with the rapidly evolving technology, decided to delve into the tablets domain. Let's take a look at the HCL ME AE7-A1 tablet -

[​IMG]

HCL ME AE7-A1 Features

Hardware: The AE7-A1 features a 7" resistive touchscreen with 800x480 pixels resolution. It features 5 buttons on the front for quick actions, a rear 0.3 MP camera for quick video/photo capture. We'd not expect great quality photographs and videos from this camera. Actually, we can't imagine anyone using this tablet to capture video or click photos. The 7" form factor is too big to be a camera of choice. The tablet weighs good 400 grams and measures 205.4 mm in length, 110.92 in breadth and about 14mm thickness.

Internally, AE7-A1 utilizes its powerful Low Power ARM 11 @ 800MHz processor. The processor is just fast enough to take care of regular operations. We doubt whether it can play HD videos and games. The internal storage is provided by 256MB (DDR II RAM) and a NAND Flash 2GB module for data storage. The tablet supports upto 8GB of external storage via microSD card. Following table provides the detailed configuration of the tablet -

Processer Low Power ARM 11, 800MHz Processor
Display 7 inches Resistive Touch Display 800 x 480 pixel resolution
Memory 256MB (DDR II RAM) + NAND Flash 2GB (In-Built )+ Micro SD card for expandibility upto 8GB
GPS Bult in high sensitivity GPS reciever
Connectivity Wi-Fi Support 802.11 b/g Blue tooth 2.0 + EDR EVDO dongle USB Interface
Camera 0.3MP
Sensor G Sensor (support rotation)
I/O Ports SD/ MMC slot USB2.0 Host Power supply connector Headphone & MIC: 3.5mm stereo jack & Internal MIC Built in high quality speaker
Operating System Android 2.2 (Froyo)
Battery Built-in Li polymer rechargeable 2400mAH battery
Dimension 205.4 x 110.92 x 14mm
Weight (Kg) 400gm
Music Support MP3(64Kbps-320Kbps)

Price & Opinion

The HCL ME7-A1 is an ideal choice for those who're new to tablets and want an economical solution. The tablet is available at a price of Rs. 14990 in India which makes it one of the most economical tablets in the market. The camera is disappointing and the tablet uses Android 2.2, which is primarily designed for mobile handsets. There is no official word on whether the tablet will support Android 3.0. Overall, if you are a college student wanting to dump your laptop for a tablet, go with ME7-A1.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This building might be a little familiar if you’ve watched the karate kid film. This building is shown along with the stadiums that were constructed in china for the Olympics....
Contrary to this basic fact of life that ‘Energy is limited, use it well’ humans are doing a little in saving it. It is fast becoming a trend of buying...
Two days earlier, a website named PasteBin uploaded a message sent by a so called 21 year old hacker to the world claiming about the responsibility of hacking the SSL...
Micromax M2 is latest Micromax phone featuring exceptional music capabilities with SRS WOW HD Music, Yamaha Build-In Audio Amplifier, Touch Wheel, Dome Headset, 2GB internal memory and two color panels...
WYSIPS won #1 spot at CTIA's 2011 Emerging Technology - Green Telecom & SMART Energy competition for a good reason. WYSIPS stands for 'What You See Is Photovoltaic Surface' and...