Having two year backs in Engineering can I make it to top IT Industry?

I have two year backs in engineering as i had too many back logs therefore could not clear it at one go.I joined engineering in 2012 and my actual passed out year should have  been 2016 but due to two year backs the passed out year became 2018 and currently I still have one subject yet to clear so my passed out year becomes 2019....Its not that i have wasted so many years, I took up complete web development course simultaneously  and I completed it also. Now my question is that can I still attend interviews for companies like Syntel etc.

If not then which are the companies that I can give interviews for??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Harsha - you 'can' enter into your dream company; but it may not be direct. At this point, you should start honing your skills and look for part-time jobs in the domain of your choice. 

After getting some experience, you can definitely look forward to getting into Syntel and other similar companies. 

Does that answer your question?

• Harsha Swamy
    Harsha Swamy

Will startups be the right place to improve my skills??....can I attend startup interviews??

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

You can, of course. Look for the jobs available around you. As I said, getting into MNC might be tough with your academic background; but definitely not impossible. One of my relatives recently joined a big company - so I know it's possible. 

Do not be under impression that startups will hire you easily. Startup companies might give you a chance based on the skills you have and ignore the academic criteria. Your first goal should be to add some industry experience on your resume. Once that stage is done; it's relative easier to get into any company of your choice. 

• Harsha Swamy
    Harsha Swamy

Thank you sir for giving me some clarity. Btw this is the fastest reply I have ever got for my query by a website...Thank you so much.. Appreciate

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Good to know, #-Link-Snipped-# . Update your profile, add your photo and stay active on the site. I'm sure you'll enjoy being on CE. We've loads of awesome stuff coming up! ? 

• Sai Krishna
    Sai Krishna

I am an yearback student in second year of computer science engineering .can I get jobs in MNCs after completing my degree.

• Harsha Swamy
    Harsha Swamy

That's what sir said....of course u can but not directly....gain some experience and then u can get into any company of ur choice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have try to connect the bluetooth module to my phone. I have programmed it by using arduino. I am getting the msg of connecting but not getting the msg...
I don't want to use GSM module and Arduino Uno kit but want to send message .so I want the alternative to GSM module.
Spotify is set to launch in India towards end of March. The online music streaming markets in India are already saturated but Spotify's entry will make it more interesting. Obviously,...
It looks like BSNL's hired someone really really smart. The person has come up with an excellent idea of injecting BSNL's own advertisements into every website that loads over 'http'...
Would you lie in a job interview if the lie doesn't hurt anyone?