Hats for the correct answer

In a chess game, you are given 8 queens (color doesn't matter)and you have to place them on the board such that no queen kills any other (or is under direct attack). solve the puzzle by placing the 8 queens according to the condition.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a classic computer science '8 Queens Problem'.
    A solution requires that no two queens share the same row, column, or diagonal. There are in all 92 solutions to this problem. But if the solutions that differ only by rotations and reflections of the board are counted as one, the puzzle has only 12 unique (or fundamental) solutions.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont know about 12 solutions, but we found only 3 solution working on chess board for around 5 days 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    This was discussed here with some depth.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Shivani.bhupal
    Shivani.bhupal
    can u plz give me some tips on GATE
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Shivani.bhupal
    can u plz give me some tips on GATE
    check out a section here specially for gate

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax X259 is the latest introduction in the economy phone market by the company that set a revolution in the mobile markets of India. The phone employs Solar Energy to...
Sir how to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) in home?? I've seen some techniques but i didn't found those chemicals like ferric chloride.. I need help for this sir...
CrazyEngineers conference is our casual online discussion facility for the members with 10+ posts on CE. We're running it as an experiment for about a week or two. This thread...
I created this program, which is later connected to another code to form a software.. Actually, now I want to make my software private. I mean, it must work on...
Rumors are spreading on the Internet that the popular news aggregation website, DIGG (which was the darling of web and publishers in the last decade) has been acquired by meager...