Has anyone ever found a job via Twitter Or Facebook?

I'm of course not counting LinkedIn which is the 'professional' networking and there are a ton of people who've found jobs via LinkedIn. I'm asking about finding jobs via the social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook. Just curious to know if anyone among you or anyone you know personally has ever found a job via either of these social networking websites? If yes, could you share the story in brief?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think the companies with HR teams that are all up for recruitment through innovative mediums will give a jobs to people via Twitter. Though I've never read a story of someone landing up on a job, I think if people try something like - putting up their job pitch in their Twitter bio, have a professional looking avatar and they keep tweeting about their job-search, there is a chance someone notices. 😉 That would be quite a hit and miss though.

Other ideas could be to follow the right kind of people - someone who are in-line with your profession and continuously tweeting things that speak for your expertise in a particular field. ☕ I would really like to know a story where something like this has worked. 😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This post is intended for the super-rich CEans who might be interested in knowing how to park your brand new Lamborghini in your Hamilton building. We've a video demonstration for...
Name: Yash Engineering Trade: Computer Science/Engineering Location: Mumbai Occupation: Student/Employed/Confused Work Experience: No Relative Experience Hobbies & Interests: Digital Designing(Photoshop/Illustrator),Messing with things i don't understand but would want to understand...
The 2012 Zero Robotics Competition has started on September 8th 2012. It is competition organized by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Mass. You can check its official promotional...
The Earth Sustainable Technology Venture Competition for MBA, Engineering or any other graduate and under-graduate students is here to bring sustainable technologies to market through entrepreneurship. Going from national to...
IIT Kharagpur shall get awesomely busy in the coming month of September with lots of amazing activities to look forward to at the GREAT STEP- Geo Resource Engineering and Technology...