• m.abiraami
    m.abiraami
    Re: HaPpY DiWaLi to all CEan's

hai wishing you the same
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi

Thank you CB..!!

HAPPY DIWALI to all our CE ans...! ENJOY THE FESTIVAL..!
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu

HaPpY DiWaLi to all CEan's
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar

Happy Diwali
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

Happy Diwali
  • itchap
    itchap
    HaPpY DiWaLi to all CEan's....
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    HAPPY DIWALI to all.....😁
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    :clap:😳:sleepy::dance: Happy diwali to all CEans

• safwan
    safwan
    Happy Diwali ... 😁😁😁😁

🎉:myparty:
  • gohm
    gohm
    Just realized we may have some CEans who are not familiar with the holiday. Do some CEans want to post about Diwali/Deepavali and explain about the festival of lights?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Happy Diwali 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Diwali or Dīpāvali is a significant festival in Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism, and an official holiday in India and Nepal. Adherents of these religions celebrate Diwali as the Festival of Lights. They light diyas—cotton string wicks inserted in small clay pots filled with oil—to signify victory of good over the evil within an individual.

In Hinduism, across many parts of India and Nepal, In the age of Sri Lord Krishna, named Naraka more powerful evil killed by Satyabhama who is wife of Sri Lord krishna,People celebrate the death of Naraka which is called as Diwali. Addition of the above story it is the homecoming of Rama after a 14-year exile in the forest and his victory over Ravana. In the legend, the people of Ayodhya (the capital of his kingdom) welcomed Rama by lighting rows (avali) of lamps (dĭpa), thus its name: dīpāwali. In South India, it marks the victory of Krishna over Narakasura.

In Jainism, Diwali marks the attainment of moksa by Mahavira in 527 BC.
    Diwali has been significant in Sikhism since the illumination of the town of Amritsar commemorating the return of Guru Har Gobind Ji (1595-1644), the sixth Guru of Sikhism, who was imprisoned along with 52 other Hindu kings at Fort Gwalior by Emperor Jahangir. After freeing the other prisoners, he went to the Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) in the holy city of Amritsar, where he was welcomed happily by the people who lit candles and divas to greet the Guru. Because of this, Sikhs often refer to Diwali also as Bandi Chhorh Divas - "the day of release of detainees."

The festival is also celebrated by Buddhists in Nepal, a majority-Hindu country, particularly the Newar Buddhists.

In India and Nepal, Diwali is now considered to be a national festival, and the aesthetic aspect of the festival is enjoyed by most Indians and Nepalese regardless of faith.

On the day of Diwali / Deepavali, many wear new clothes and share sweets and snacks. Some North Indian business communities start their financial year on Diwali and new account books are opened on this day.

Ref Link: Diwali

-CB
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    Happy Diwali CB....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all i have some virus removal tips.. but it is quite long can i post it..? Depends upon your Feedback and Reply i will make it soon
Three things that even Microsoft can't explain! MAGIC #1 An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is...
Indian software major announced its Q2, 2009 results. Check out the link: https://www.tcs.com/SiteCollectionDo...tations/TCS_PressRelease_IndianGAAP_Q2_10.pdf Definitely a positive message for the Indian IT Industry 😀
Hi all 😁, i want know the difference between the near zone and far zone of antenna . Thanks aksa
Hi. I have a request. Can anyone tell me any computer or communication engineering problems with calculations in C++? For example, calculations for converting 3gp to avi, etcetera. As soon...