CrazyEngineers
  • Abhishek
    Abhishek

MemberAug 26, 2013

Happy Birthday 'Linux'

So, twenty two years are completed of Linux. 22 years ago, Linus torvalds first publicly released Linux.

Here's the #-Link-Snipped-# of Linux :

Hello everybody out there using Linux -

I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, even if it's big and professional) for 486+ AT clones and just about anything else out there under the sun. This has been brewing since april 1991, and is still not ready. I'd like any feedback on things people like/dislike in Linux 3.11-rc7.

I originally ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), but others have taken over user space and things still seem to work. This implies that I'll get the final 3.11 release within a week, and I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them 😀
    Yeah, I don't really want to get feature requests this late in the rc series...

But it is 22 years today since that email, and I would like people to try the current 3.11-rc7 kernel I just cut and uploaded to the usual places.
    Happy Birthday Linux. 😁

Here's our mascot 'Tux' :
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 22nd anniversary of Linux, linux community have released Linux 3.11-rc7 which includes some major features like :
    - Radeon 8000 HD Sealand support.
    - Wine support for Windows RT applications.
    - Zswap caching
    - Intel Bay Trail Graphics support
    - Power consumption improvements
    & few more.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Pensu

MemberAug 26, 2013

Happy birth day to the phenomena that changed the direction of the development of computer systems.....😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 26, 2013

Happy Birthday!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register