Hacker vs Cracker

What is the difference between a hacker and a cracker???
who is superior??
And why??

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    When you think of security, it's a good bet that some of your thinking drifts to hackers and crackers. These are both security threats that you have to take into account. But do you know the difference? Well, some people do, and although many of them don't want their names bandied about, as is the case with the author of this tip, they can tell us much about the shadowy hacker community, and other security threats as well. This tip defines the difference between hackers and crackers, and discusses some simple things they can do to get inside your systems.

Source : searchenterprisedesktop.com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In short, Hacking is for good and Cracking is for bad. Hacking may be legal, cracking is illegal.

Who's superior? Well that depends on the definition of superior. Technically, hacking and cracking needs root deep level of understanding of systems.
  • vijaymp
    vijaymp
    Hi, I am much interested in hacking . Can anyone tel me, which languages should I know to be a hacker? Please do explain.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    No need to learn any language

All it requires one thing

"You must be a expert of computer system and should be able to identify vulnerabilities ,security holes and bugs "
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The only thing needed to be a hacker/cracker is strong passion towards computer systems and operating system. Also ability to think unconventionally will come very handy if you wish to excel at it. I believe self-study beats everything.
  • Special
    Special
    hey guys asked something else and the discussion is going in some other direction...........

i asked what is an hacker ??
    what does he really do??
    and what is cracker and what does he do???
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Hacker is someone who does security works on the network or you can say hacker is legal for ethical hacking whereas crackers are those who breaks the security system and enter that security system illegally ..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good Morning. I am planning to develop Bus ticket booking application. I would like to know is there any 3rd part managing the inventory ? Because redbus and ticket ghoose...
this is my question .,right from the moment i entered here WHY IS CE ASKING TO AVOID SMS TEXTS HERE??? ya, i know it may be bit difficult for some,...
Pls help me provide a circuit diagram on designing of a distance temperature laser guage to measure oil/winding temperatures of pole mounted transformers.
How is UMTS900 compared to UMTS 2100? Will it affect the existing GSM 900?
hiii everybody