Hacker releases Symantec source code

A hacker released the source code for antivirus firm Symantec's pcAnywhere utility on Tuesday, raising fears that others could find security holes in the product and attempt takeovers of customer computers.
The release followed failed email negotiations over a $50,000 payout to the hacker calling himself YamaTough to destroy the code.

src: #-Link-Snipped-#

Here is hacker posted to Symantec on pastebin

Since no code yet being released
and our email communication wasnt also released
we give you 10 minutes to decide which way you go
after that two of your codes fly to the moon PCAnywhere and Norton
Antivirus totaling 2350MB in size (rar)
10 minutes if no reply from you we consider it a START
this time we've made mirrors so it will be hard for you to get rid of
it
headers full - Pastebin.com

Replies

• nigelb
    nigelb
    Irony points for a security company being hacked and humiliated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Computer and IT engineering i am student of EC interested in learning JAVA from basics to quite depth can you recommend me some Book titles???? ASAP...
my project deals with Controlling of Home appliances using IR Remote...can anyone plz help me out..
How accelerator works in BIKE and CARS. I want brief explanation with sketch images 😀
hi every one.........i am thinking to design a electronic equipment..its like a gaurd..when some one punches in it the amount of force will be calculated respectively..then the punching force of...
Hi CE'ans, I am fond of mechanical designing. I heard Hyper mesh is a very advanced meshing software at present. Can any one provide me the software downloading and tutorials...