Guitaring my way!

I'm into Guitaring! :wink:

Once upon a time, while I was hooked to some stupid program on TV, a Guitarist showed up on screen. He played some fantastic guitar tunes and I decided that I'll learn Guitar one day.

Now after 5 years into Guitaring, I realize that I know 'nothing' about Guitaring :roll: . But well, I can definitely say that I can annoy my neighbours.

What about you ? πŸ˜€

HaPpee Posting 😁

-The Big K-

Replies

• Rod
    Rod
    I can make some noise too...hehehe...

I've been playing for 6 years now, played in some local bands... but living as a musician is a dream that's in stand by for now..heheheh

To relax there's nothing better than a good trekking, camping, or diving..if you guyz ever have the oportunity to do so, don't think twice!

See ya...
  • geezerbird
    geezerbird
    I love noise hate quiet

I have been playin acoustic guitar for ages, well actually 2yrs but it feels like ages πŸ˜€ !

But I still have probs barin chords! so i stick to stuff that doesn't use em πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm going to start learning the Classical Guitar πŸ˜€ Guys, how about sharing chords & tabs for popular songs?

For Guitar newbies, I got chords for hotel california β˜•
  • nebashm
    nebashm
    nice mann abs fantastic......so we do have some like minded guitarists here......well...whether u guys are rockers or not .... i dunno still...but wateva......welcome to the fold..... :twisted: ......i like mean riffs....heavy metal to me is almost a religion......im not the ok...everyone doin it...so am i thing......the guitar sound has been a source of salvation ever since i remember it...through atkts, dates, submissions lollzz....an happy times.....so its really nice to share this feeling wid ppl who prbly share the sentiment unlike the many pretenders.....heyyy i dont play the instrument...i play drums.....but hell wateva!!!!!!
  • rick
    rick
    Three Guitarists & one drummer. Anyone good @ keyboards? I'll start writing songs.

crazyengineers band ! πŸ˜€

rick roks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great Idea !

rick
    Three Guitarists & one drummer. Anyone good @ keyboards? I'll start writing songs.

crazyengineers band ! πŸ˜€

rick roks
    I'm with you, rick! CrazyEngineers Band 😁!

Rick, why don't you pm/email me one of your songs 😁

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Classical Guitar - Anyone?

I've started learning Classical Guitar. πŸ˜€ May I know if we have any classical guitarists on our forums.

It'd be nice if you put a few nice compositions. Feel free to put your original work. [​IMG]

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    classical Guitar

Its amazing to know that all that I have learnt about Guitaring in past 5 years is useless when it comes to playing the Classical Guitar. πŸ˜”

I wonder if we have anyone who's into Classical Guitar.

Btw, I'm thinking of buying a new processor for my electric guitar. Suggest models please πŸ˜€ ( money no bar )

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    Go for Roland GT-6 processor. Amazing effects! Thats all!
  • Neha
    Neha
    Me playing guitar..he he

Guitar...well as far as playing guitar is considered i can play it so well that ma neighbours wud do anything possible to not to listen itπŸ˜‰ ...otherwise i am a great fan of the soothing voice...it feels like if u could listen it more and more
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    oh great! why don't you record an mp3 and send it to me? We'll have a podcast for you πŸ˜‰

I was wondering if anyone among us can read the staff notations.

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    i love listening to it!!

well playing guitar is just not my cup of tea... nope!!! but i love listening to it more than any other sort of music that might exist!!! guitar actually makes me rock... it sounds so splendid that i can listen the same note for countless times.... truly the best of all!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Acoustic Guitar Tuner

For those who have tougt time tunning the guitar, download the AP Guitar Tuner from #-Link-Snipped-# ! You will need a microphone to connect to your PC. The application supports various tunning modes & is good for tunning your acoustic Guitar.

-The Big K-
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    The_Big_K
    For those who have tougt time tunning the guitar, download the AP Guitar Tuner from #-Link-Snipped-# ! You will need a microphone to connect to your PC. The application supports various tunning modes & is good for tunning your acoustic Guitar.

-The Big K-
    My Korg processor does the job for me. I have been into rock since I was 10. AP Tuner is good though.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rocker
    My Korg processor does the job for me. I have been into rock since I was 10. AP Tuner is good though.
    Oh great! Which Model do you have? 😎

I still have the basic ZooM 505 II πŸ˜•

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Bumps into a very very old thread]

Now that we are plenty in number 😁 . So guitarists, where are you?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Can we Share some chords...

-crazy
  • gohm
    gohm
    what chords are you looking for and in what position?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I've been playing since I was like 9 or 10.
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    😁Well i m also into guitaring now😎

Well not for a longer period but i m playing guitar for the last 2 months. And the result is that my neighbours come and complain to my mom about my playing guitar. 😁😁
    But well now i m into some songs and practising them. So just love to play and i m just getting into it more and more.
    I think that we should have a different forum for music( different threads for different instruments) so that we can discuss a lot more things about it and can get some knowledge and moreover pass that knowledge to the begineers and can inspire more s to get into into music.

😁Samar😁
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Im deep into guitaring,

Have been playing for 6 years now, also jammed with a couple of local bands, won some ameteur competitions.
    My guitar has pulled me through a lot of rough times, so although i may not be very good at playing it i have a strong attachment with it..

Ya, n if a crazy engineers band comes up
    I want in..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hey there!

Good to see that we are picking up some momentum here. We've discussed the idea of forming CrazyEngineers band - and everyone feels "WHY NOT?" 😁

Gaurav, in your free time, can you come up with a tune for the Great CE song that we're trying to compose? 😁

-> here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Sure Id love to ,
    Ill do my best.
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    i'm having a plan to start Guitar..i would be able to spend week 6 - 8 hrs... will that be ok for a beginner ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Itanium
    i'm having a plan to start Guitar..i would be able to spend week 6 - 8 hrs... will that be ok for a beginner ?
    Its never enough, sire. πŸ˜€

First of all, spend few days/hours trying to fall in love with Guitar. Then you'll understand 😁 !

All the best!
    [​IMG]
  • gohm
    gohm
    About an hour or half hour a day for a beginner is good. Start with these: learn to tune your guitar, learn how to strum and practise open chords.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gohm, I recommend everyone to start with the scales. What do you think one should begin with - open chords, strumming or the scales?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Well tuning and strumming/fretting patterns first as those are the tools to play anything wether chords or scales/notes. I always think open chords first, then scales. Reason being most people want to learn to play songs, not be musicians. Chords are more practical that way as with knowing the major open or bar chords one can play along with any song. This creates a quick positive sense of accomplishment feedback to the player, enticing them to continue playing and learning. After that: scales, further chords, advaced strumming techniques and theory if they wish to be a musician. Also depends if they wish to be a rythm or lead guitar player. If all they want is to play songs then knowing chords, basic strumming technique, a couple basic scales and reading tab is all they need to know.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Chords are more practical that way as with knowing the major open or bar chords one can play along with any song. This creates a quick positive sense of accomplishment feedback to the player, enticing them to continue playing and learning.
    Very well said! [​IMG]

πŸ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    Thanks! Not sure what came over me, I promise to limit my moments of clarity and stay with my usual pyschobabble- laugh.

there are lots of good media to assist people learning guitar (net, books, cds/dvds) Nothing beats teaming up with fellow plyers who can teach. Nothing ihn my opinion improves your playing than jamming with others.

The_Big_K
    Very well said! [​IMG]

πŸ˜€
  • swati_akasheeni
    swati_akasheeni
    hey,my biggest ever dream is to be a guitarist,i am just craving to learn it but alaas i still haven't succeeded in making my dream come true.but in upcoming few months i am surely going to make it true πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, all the best πŸ˜€ !
  • swati_akasheeni
    swati_akasheeni
    thanks big k.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    It has been my dream to play Guitar..since my Graduation Days...due to financial Problems i couldn't make it true .... But thanks to my Job.... iam planning to buy a guitar with my 1st salary and attend Guitar Classes...everyday...

@Bigge...and Other Pro...Guitarists...
    Tips for New Bies and what are the important topics we should concentrate while learning ......???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tip #1 :

Don't give up! Learning to play Guitar is not as easy as you might think. I'm not scaring you - I just don't want you to quit.

Tip #2:

Fall in love with your instrument. That's the most important thing.

Tip #3:

Practice everyday; give no excuse to yourself.

Tip #4:

Don't jump on to tough compositions. Start with gripe water and them move on to hard drinks.

PS: Hard drinks - stay away from them, if you can.

That's pretty much I've to say.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    The_Big_K
    Tip #4:

Don't jump on to tough compositions. Start with gripe water and them move on to hard drinks.
    That's pretty funny comparision 😁... thanks for these Tips...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    To me music is like life , i listen to many of songs , and i even write few songs on my own and i am a good singer is what my friends say .
    But , learning guitar is my dream and i just started learning guitar .
    But all the songs i listen to and sing are my local language and few of them are Hindi.
    So i am ready to be a Singer in our own band , but can you please help me out in suggesting few songs which are easy to practice then the tougher ones such that i could learn easily and sing better.
    And planning to learn Karnataka Music one of the toughest .
    My dream is to Play Guitar and Sing a song on a stage atleast once.πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @English-Scared: How about helping us with composing the CE Song?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    😎Sure Biggie , i will help in what field i could and i can sing it as well.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Any left handed guitarists ? am one 😎😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @English Scared: I am. But I play it right handed.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    one great left handed guitarist name?
    (other than you 😎 )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. Sir Paul McCartney [​IMG]

2. Jimi Hendrix
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thankyou Biggie and to add this i have found that Kurn Gobain from band Nirvana is also a left hander. 😎😎
  • gohm
    gohm
    I am left handed however play right handed. Easier than re-stringing and being limited to the few lh guitars.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gohm, we've lots of things in common!
  • gohm
    gohm
    very cool Biggie! did you see my answer to your effects question a couple days ago in the chat?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, thanks! I think I'll go with RP 350. The better processor may come later; as I upgrade my Guitaring skills. πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    So since how many days/years have you been playing guitar Gohm?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Off and on for about 20 years, crap that just made me feel old! =)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Off and on for about 20 years, crap that just made me feel old! =)
    Do you have any videos of your state performances on youTube? πŸ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    No I do not, you forget I am not that hip with IT. =) If you ever come to DC you are welcome to a jam session in my living room or garage.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, any old video cassettes you can post to us? We'll digitize them for you, for free πŸ˜›

*grin*
  • gohm
    gohm
    Can you do anything with 8mm? laugh! only kidding
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I imagine Gohm performaing at CE World Meet, in front of thousands of engineers!

[ PS: CE World Meet is going to happen, soon. Be ready! ]
  • gohm
    gohm
    That would be sweet! The audience should supply their own tomatoes to cut down on my expenses...
  • gohm
    gohm
    So everyone tell me about your equipment?

guitar?
    amp?
    effects/processors?
    use any recording equipment?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moi -

Guitar : gb&a (electric) , Granada (Acoustic), Yamaha C-40 (Nylon String) [Planning to buy]

Amp - Don't have one. πŸ˜”

Effects: Had a Zoom which I bought 4 years ago. Will buy Digitech RP 350 soon.

Recording Equipment: No πŸ˜”
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What does recording equipment mean? Would a computer be considered as one?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ash- can be! I have a 4 track system that uses PC software for editing & recording.

My info: Gibson hollow-body guitar with Bigsby tremelo. Marshall amp, Behringer effects processor with a large pile of indiviual effects pedals, most of which are gathering dust.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats great Gohm , 20 years .
    i just started i have a Gb & a acoustic guitar.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is there any freeware that runs on Vista I can use to add effects to my electric guitar?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Not that I know of, I'll keep a look out. Most programs require purchase of either soft or hardware. Have you used garageband before?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Garageband is available on Mac, right? I only had a look at it. Never tried it though.
  • gohm
    gohm
    yes, mac. mac has some of the best music software for composition.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I just found an awesome advanced drum software for linux!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Man, miss creating some beats πŸ˜€

Anyway biggie, here is a list of all kinds of music software for Linux:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

For Windows:
    Windows 7 Vista XP Music Software: Free (Hitsquad)
  • ank_arcane
    ank_arcane
    i dont play any instruments but incase ur looking for female lead vocals, lemme know!!! πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ank_arcane
    i dont play any instruments but incase ur looking for female lead vocals, lemme know!!! πŸ˜‰
    What about her as the female voice for the CE-Song? Biggie could hold an auditionπŸ˜›
  • ank_arcane
    ank_arcane
    i wud luv dat!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Possible! πŸ˜€ Ankita - join us in making the CE Song.

Ash & Patty are ready with the chorus. Gohm, K.J (Where is she?) and I can do the guitars 😁
  • ank_arcane
    ank_arcane
    wow that's great! am looking forward to being a part of it.πŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wait, which song are we doing? The love one or the CE Song one? πŸ˜›

I'll try out some beats this weekend, if I can learn the drum software fast enough.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, I'll work on the intro-riffs. Gohm, let's rock the world! 😁
  • gohm
    gohm
    sounds sweet!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    guys you completed the song? waiting to listen that one😎😎
  • abinabin2
    abinabin2
    interesting... I too have been keen to learn how to play any kinda guitar for that matter for a real long time.. guess i never got the oppurtunity for the same...
    a lng way to go champ!!!
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    ummm, any news on the CE song?? Where are all the CrazyRockers??
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    really interesting.......
    i too have a liking for guitar but never got to develop that idea πŸ˜”
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Yeah sounding like real fun
    looking forward to it...
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I learned guitar during my 3rd. yr.high sch. I just knew how to play the chords and some strumming and plucking. I really wanted to learn more about guitaring especially those drops and broken chords...it sounds so cool when my classmate performed during our college christmas partyπŸ˜€
  • jenno
    jenno
    playing the guitar is like riding a bike for me, I learned playing it last 4 years, at my first 2 years I trained to play it well, but then my guitar broke and I stopped until last month, I borrowed the guitar of my fellow friend and start playing again, and then I realized that I'm still good at it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lets start a thread for hollywood movies... 😁
I've seen this on damn so many forums! Let's start it here too 😁 Last person to reply this thread wins. So I'm the winner right now :dance: rick
I'll explain the current ranking system. If you got something better in your (crazy) mind, reply back in this thread 😁 Rank - Min.# of Posts Fresher - 1 Senior...
Let's get started with our blog ids. I'm sure many of us write blogs. So publish your blog links here. Let others read your blog πŸ˜‰ I'll set the ball...
Frankly, I do not like imposing rules & regulations. 😁 But let's follow some simple rules for posting messages on CrazyEngineers. That'll keep the forums cool n neat. ---- Important...