Acknowledgement

1. INTRODUCTION (5-10 Pages)
1.1 Introduction
1.2 Necessity
1.3 Objectives
1.4 Theme
1.5 Organization

2. LITERATURE SURVEY(15-50 Pages)
Related information available in standard Books, Journals, Transactions, Internet Websites etc. till date (More emphasis on last three to five years)

3. SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT (15-50 Pages)
Model Development
Analytical
Computational
Experimental
(out of above methods at least one method is to be used for the model development)

4. PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS(25-50 Pages)
Analysis of system developed either by at least two methods depending upon depth of standard These methods normally used are Analytical /Computational/Statistical/Experimental/ or Mathematical Results at various stages may be compared with various inputs Output at various stages with same waveforms or signals or related information/parameters Comparison of above results by at least two methods and justification for the differences or error in with theory or earlier published results

5. CONCLUSIONS (1-3 Pages)
5.1 Conclusions
5.2 Future Scope
5.3 Applications

References
Author, “Title”, Name of Journal/Transactions/ Book, Edition/Volume, Publisher, Year of Publication, page to page (pp.__).
These references must be reflected in text at appropriate places in square bracket
In case of web pages complete web page address with assessing date has to be enlisted
List of references should be as per use in the text of the report

Appendices
Related data or specifications or referred charts, details computer code/program, etc.

Acknowledgement
Expression of gratitude and thankfulness for helping in completion of the said task with name Signed by the candidate

General Guidelines
Paper size- A4, 75 to 85 gsm paper
Left Margin-1.5”
Right Margin-1”
Top Margin-1”
Bottom Margin-1”

Pages
Undergraduate report total pages –around 70-100
Postgraduate Dissertation total pages –around 80-150

General Attributes
Report Heading -All Capital—16 Font
Chapter heading -All Capital—14 Font
Subchapter –title case-12 Font
Sub-Subchapter –First Alphabet Capital case-12 Font
Page numbers for Index/Contents/Intent should be in roman
Title of the Report should not be more than two lines
Text pages should be in times new roman
Cover page should have (Mission statement of Institute) in inverted commas, Symbol of Institute, Name of Department, and Institute

* It is general guideline it can be changed as per college rules

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    thanks for sharing the information ..

you know a few days ago when i went to submit my training report to my teacher he said what is new to the report..all the material is cut copy pasted from the internet...he advised to write the report on the day by day basis ..and photo clicked by the mobiles which we saw in the company...
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Really a good piece information Mahesh!!!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    just stumbled across it....
    nice work done mahesh 👍
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice one!

CEans, you can see some additional report guidelines here as well: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lal
    lal
    Great work..
  • Jakelewis
    Jakelewis
    Many students or experts put down their dissertation very well, but when they reach the last part i.e. writing and recommendations; they unknowingly make mistakes that hamper the whole dissertation. The final part of the dissertation must include valid recommendations with a meaningful conclusion. The pattern for writing any dissertation is given below:

Although students can mention their views on the conducted research and put-forth the facts or key findings in an understandable way, the recommendations and conclusion are always written in the thesis after the body of your research paper and then the bibliography page follows.
    As each part of your dissertation requires conclusion, it must carry its own peculiarities for the consideration. Ensure to throw light for the readers on every part or chapter of your dissertation touching upon different aspects and key findings that were identified or realized. The writer should understand that the conclusion is a mere compilation of the entire thesis, thus, it must be written and presented well and should intend to summarise each of the chapters.
  • Komodo
    Komodo
    Thank. I will need this guide.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😕 I am facing a problem with my laptop screen while i was working on it the screen flickers (black) and then goes blank showing white screen. sometimes i shows...
Many colleges in my city are coming up with the workshops on aptitude development. All that comprises of these workshops is: General Aptitude Tests Personal Interview Training GD Training On...
Are you the inventor of a brilliant idea? Are you a working professional who harbours the dream of starting his own venture someday? Are you a student who is not...
This post is meant for all our CEans who are currently in final year of engineering. Have you ever thought of turning your final year project into a business? Think...
CEans, who are appearing for CAT 2009, please head over to Important notice for Sunday 29th November 2009 and check out the latest announcement! The launch of the computerized CAT...