GSM Vs CDMA - Which is better for mobile communications?

which technology is better in mobile communication?
CDMA or GSM? why?
why CDMA mobiles come with inbuilt SIM card?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CDMA is limited to a particular locality that even be your state and so they often come with SIM cards But the GSM models can be used in other localities and are cross platform as they use tower sharing feature more commonly than CDMA.

In India GSM is better due to high number of towers present and CDMA needs are localised and so does not suit a traveler many times
  • lal
    lal
    I have a doubt. Does CDMA networks have specific towers too? Or are they used with special antennas on same GSM towers? Some people, in the past, told me CDMA had no towers but communicated with satellite 😲 I didn't believe though. Reading this thread now, my uncleared doubt again popped up.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The following thread my be useful in understanding the difference between GSM and CDMA technologies - #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering whether it's possible to stream video via bluetooth between a laptop and say a mobile or another laptop? I know Wi-Fi would make the job easy, but we're...
Hi guys !! I desperately need your help. First let me tell you about myself: I did my engg.(IT) from Pune university this year.I haven't got a job until now(haven't...
World's biggest professional network - LinkedIn recently conducted a survey which was taken by about 8000 professionals all over the world. About 415 professionals replied from India and about 18.6%...
Looks like Samsung is getting the Jelly Bean ready for the good old Galaxy S2. There were leaks on the Internet that pointed the Jelly Bean (android 4.0) treatment for...
You move, he moves. You smile, he smiles. You get angry, he gets angry. "He" is the avator you chose. Faceshift, from EPFL's Computer Graphics and Geometry Laboratory, now offers...