Group discussion : India or west, which is the land of oppurtunities?

India or west, which is the land of oppurtunities. give some points.

As far i know for freshers india is best but after experience many people walk out abroad so i m confused wat exactly to be told.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha!

It entirely depends on what you call 'opportunity'. Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there was an island. Two shoe manufacturing companies sent their representatives to do a survey & spot a business opportunities.

Both the representatives reached the island. They were shocked to see that the people on the island did not know shoes!

So, the first representative called his boss and said, "I'm shocked to see that they don't know what shoes are! We can't do business here!"

Second representative called his boss and said, "These folks do not know what shoes are. Let's start with 10,000 pairs!"

Opportunities exist everywhere - all around you. You just need an eye to spot them.
  • mohammedshakeel
    mohammedshakeel
    ha!
    In my point of view east is the land of oppurtunity.where human can know about their surrounding when they are in childhood. as it is a fast running world .we can gain more only in east.even the students can easily earn &learn about the environment when they are studing .this is land of oppurtunity.though india have resourse it done hava oppurtunity.
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    There is no point in debating about opportunities, it solely depends on individual to grab it either you go east or west.
    Opportunities are everywhere.
    To talk about the people who leave India, they leave because of money. Hardly 10% of people, might be leaving because they don't get opportunity to work in field of their desire in India.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I work in the business development department of a company and I have handled many such calls where the outsiders have asked me the potential of doing business in India. They see us as a whole new bunch of opportunity where as we are running behind jobs abroad.

If people think they are talented and want to go abroad because there are no opportunities, why don't they do some thing here?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mayurpathak
    I work in the business development department of a company and I have handled many such calls where the outsiders have asked me the potential of doing business in India. They see us as a whole new bunch of opportunity where as we are running behind jobs abroad.

If people think they are talented and want to go abroad because there are no opportunities, why don't they do some thing here?

good view mayur nice one
  • gohm
    gohm
    there's the answer right there... as well as what Biggie said.

kedarjk
    There is no point in debating about opportunities, it solely depends on individual to grab it either you go east or west.
    Opportunities are everywhere.
    To talk about the people who leave India, they leave because of money. Hardly 10% of people, might be leaving because they don't get opportunity to work in field of their desire in India.
  • Rakesh Nayak
    Rakesh Nayak
    It was a long time ago when there are big opurtunities lies in the west only,but that is the past and now plenty of big opurtunities avilable here.so India is a great land of oppurtunities.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well the point has already been elaborated. As far as good opportunities are concerned, India does not lags behind. Its just a wrong perception that west helps you make a better career. In terms of both, good opportunities and good growth, east has all the resources and capabilities.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well india has lots of oppurtunity but not distributed well,however,even if india has oppurtunity or not,we the citizen of india should stay back and create oppurtunity more than looking elsewere
  • Vaikunth
    Vaikunth
    Damn right people. Its just your view and how you see an opportunity coming.
    To world peace
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Would love to read your thoughts on this.
  • Satyam Rai
    Satyam Rai
    For me there is nothing to discuss on this topic as India is a clear leader in all aspect. I have seen people talking very honestly about India and opportunity within India and everyone is seeing India as a land of opportunity.
    There are too many reasons for that:

People are investing billions in India, I think they are not insane, there is something in India i.e. Opportunity.

We have a huge base of middle class as well high class of society, so we need not to bother about customers.

All countries are eager to develop good terms with India, I think that's not diplomatic influence, that's economic influence, BRICS Bank (New Development Bank) and Asian Development Bank are few to name here.

We are youngest country (Age Terms) in world, so no need for looking talent elsewhere, just train them and you will win apart from that you will get labor on affordable cost. Right?

Thousand of startups are daring to take risks and many of them failing as well but those which are operating successfully, are challenging established MNCs. Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm, OLA, Zomato are few to name which are attracting Billions of investment and senior leaders and talent from other established organisations.

I can conclude that West was land of opportunity, but India will be land of opportunity and the process of transformation is going on, so as a fresher you should explore in India and witness the huge transformation. You will get the best what you deserve in India.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Looking at it from Historical point of view, foreigners came to India to make trade relations. Today, India has also spread her wings.

The urge to go abroad occurred during the early 80s and 90s particularly because of the huge taxes levied during those times on people earning above Rs10 lakhs per annum and the rest of the people not getting enough well paying jobs in India.

After that some of the people who went abroad had the aim of making the necessary capital and returning back to their homeland to start their own ventures. However, many people have bigger fantasies of living in other developed countries. They go behind whatever they want to be in life, but i feel most of them ultimately miss their home country in the end.

So, where is the land of opportunity?

According to me, opportunity is everywhere. You can get married to a foreigner, or you can get married to your own village girl - the choice is yours to make!

So, how is the opportunity scenario in the era?
    India, is still in the developing stage. We've a lot of issues to be tackled within ourselves:-
    1) Waste disposal
    2) Pollution
    3) Traffic
    4) Our own selfishness (spitting on roads, metros, not using the infrastructure given to us properly, etc)
    5) Poverty
    6) Employment

- So currently, it is not THE land of opportunity parse for all the brightest of brains (CEOs of Google and Microsoft are great examples), and it's not a bad playing ground either (other famed Indian companies can be listed here). But will it be in the future?

According to Macroeconomics, as the nation grows sustainability and its growth can be measured (if at all we're measuring it right) in terms of growth percentage per annum, India is expected to show positive results of being THE land of opportunity if all the Government Rules and current business opportunities coming into India, flourishes within the next 30 to 50 years (*fingers crossed*).

Verdict:
    Again, one can live with a Maruti 800 Honda City and one can also live with a BMW, choice is based on the individual's likes!!!
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Land of Opportunities is a relative phrase and too broad to cover the every aspect of what is called an opportunity. If I have to explain my views I would look into the matter in the following way:
    Decision: 1. India or 2. West(Assuming USA and Canada)
    My Goal: Infinity (it can vary from being a good parent to world's richest man from one person to other). One has to decide what exactly is the Goal of his life! Does he wanna be a teacher? or a businessman ? Or may be a traveler? Or all of them?
    Opportunity doesn't always have to include money. I guess it is the staircase with which one can reach some height in some places.

Now once someone is clear about his goal he can search the best way to achieve it.
    I am taking a scenario as example,
    Suppose one wants to research about embryonic neural network response using high voltage die. Now the person will decide what are the pros and cons of carrying out his research in India and Western countries.
    Pros of choosing India
    1. Home country. Can come back home and go almost whenever possible
    2. Quality people to help in research.
    Cons:
    1. Extremely Poor lab facilities
    2. As neurophotonics is a very new subject, universities hardly give it a subject recognition.
    Scenario might be completely different if one is taking a business as an option.

I would suggest one should create a list of his current tangible and intangible properties and compute a rough analysis in which he might compare the result table of properties after taking a decision, when a decision is a function of various entities important to that individual.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Debasmita Banerjee
    I would suggest one should create a list of his current tangible and intangible properties and compute a rough analysis in which he might compare the result table of properties after taking a decision, when a decision is a function of various entities important to that individual.
    In theory the grass LOOKS greener on the other side. In practice not so much.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Anoop Mathew
    In theory the grass LOOKS greener on the other side. In practice not so much.
    I agree. But don't you think practical sense is a lot way entangled with the term 'possibility'? I mean practically tomorrow I might die with a certainty of 60%(assumed) or above but theoretically I might not even die at all.

What I wanna say is calculation beforehand is necessary however it might not work the way it should like #-Link-Snipped-# said however I would stress the fact it will not fail you completely.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

This one is an oldie debate on CrazyEngineers. My last response was about 10 years ago and here's what I think now.ย 

'Opportunities' either exist or they can be created. Most of the times, opportunities need to be supported by the ecosystem around.

If I were do look for opportunities in advanced gene study; I'll have to look for geography where these studies are already being done and are supported by local ecosystem - comprising of other technicians, financers etc.

India was once denied the access to super computers and India decided create an opportunity for itself. Indian engineers built the PARAM supercomputer on their own. ย 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiii alll, Why must we use a coherent detector in direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) system? And is there possibility of us using other types of modulator and demodulator other...
Here's a simple guide to crashing Mighty Google's Chrome ๐Ÿ˜ 1. Start Google Chrome. 2. In the address bar, type :% Watch Chrome Crash ๐Ÿ˜ Bruwahahahah ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Mutual funds are back in market but I need some sources to get regular information about best mutual funds and portfolio managers. Though my newspaper gives details about it but...
HI FRNDS, i am in 7th sem of my engineering and i need help regarding my project..can anyone suggest me any project on cnc machines,,..
hi, friends..i m anand i like to disscuss one question wit u all...... Let us assume a closed container of any size having the pressure 'P'. If a small hole...