Green Power

Give your innovative idea for clean power generation

SOLAR---

Wind

OCEAN--

give some basic funda to convert them to any kind of mechanical or electrical energy.......

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Wow, we have people interested in such things. I was a bit skeptical regarding this, while talking to Ash a few days before. Looking forward to see the posts in this thread.
    Will be adding my own points later.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still trying to figure out how to convert solar energy into useful electrical energy to power street lights. Currently it's just too expensive.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Wind farms- both offshore, on land as well as building mounted.
    solar towers- have a small land space footprint due to being vertical. votaic cells have a long way to go before they are truely viable.
    tidal/wave generation would also be a good idea to explore. they are currently testing units in the Hudson river.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    I'm still trying to figure out how to convert solar energy into useful electrical energy to power street lights. Currently it's just too expensive.
    Why don't you open a thread on that on CE? We've had quite a number of discussions of solar energy here. At least the power requirements are set.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess I should post few stats before we discuss this. Also, we should have someone who works in thie field (solar panel manufacturing) to give us better inputs.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    oceans contain the fossils + the shock waves produced in ocean can be used to create electrical energy in an environment friendly way(not tidal energy)

guys we do say solar energy usage is best, but when the life of solar cells finishes after whatever amount of years, their disposal is difficult. :\
  • wassup
    wassup
    OK guys here we go, Tapping the solar energy is the best, coz everything else is powered by sun and it's in plenty. To this day people have been focusing on Solar PV. The current day tech is super expensive plus pure silicon is not abundant. There are few tech that makes solar promising.
    Thin film Solar -> This is a PV tech, but uses different material. This will be future of solar PV ! This will be produced like clothes (as in textile) if everything goes well.
    The other most promising is the Solar thermal. The same tech used in solar water heater. It's as simple and works well for bigger plants.Focus the heat from SUN to heating element, heat the fluid, generate steam n them to steam turbines. There are many variations in the same, the most promising till now is the tech from Ausra (google it)
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    ever hear about printed solar cells?? no?? take a look here :

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    I see immense potential in ocean waves. It might be unscientific to say "endless" but indeed it is inexhaustible.

The design that comes to my mind is a buoy floating on the surface of the ocean and connected to a dynamo by a shaft. As the waves move the bouy up and down, the dynamo rotates and generates electricity.

The advantage is that it can be placed at any point on the ocean. independent of whether conditions. A tsunami is not included though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE Infocus is taking a break for about 2-3 months. This measure is taken to observe our indexing status in Google and other popular search engines. Infocus will be...
Guys, Can you all start at least 2 threads every day in chit-chat so that we cross 1000 posts mark in Chit Chat section? ;-)
I've heard this lot of times and I wish to have a debate on this topic. Can a business grow really big without being corrupt? Do you have any real...
Fellas, Very soon, we're going to need an office [those who don't know, CE is being operated from a desk in the corner of my bedroom 😛 ]. I want...
I've been thinking about this since long. Let's see what we think as a team here on CE - What's your opinion on creating formal CE City Chapters? Or, is...