Greatest Inventions of all times..

What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives?
It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other??

Post in your views.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neha
    What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives?
    It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other??

Post in your views.
    The greatest invention of all time is "Zero". Everything else is build around it .

-The Big K-
  • casualthrasher
    casualthrasher
    Means of Transport(The first one was steam engine though i m not sure)..๐Ÿ˜
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    I think greatest invention is E=mc^2.This formula revolutionised all fields.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    the wheel it change our lives
  • Differential
    Differential
    What about FIRE ????
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The Earth's Gravitational Force.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Computers ! ๐Ÿ˜€

In future it might be a nano technology, Am I right CEans
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Earth's Gravitational Force is an invention. I used to think it was a part of discovery ๐Ÿ˜

* Aeroplane *

ms_cs
    Computers ! ๐Ÿ˜€

In future it might be a nano technology, Am I right CEans
    Well I am happy with laptops and palmtops version of computers also. Don't make it so nano that it becomes bit difficult to even work.

PS: I guess this thread is somewhat similar to Durga's thread "#-Link-Snipped-#"
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm choosing one in my field.

The greatest invention in electronics is most probably the Transistor.
    Specifically, the "Junction" transistor invented by John Brattain.

And if not in my field, in general, I would go for the Wheel. It set forth the human civilization rolling..๐Ÿ˜›

On retrospect, a funny thought comes to my mind. I do think that the invention of "MONEY" is one very important one. Before that, people were doing barter and goods exchange. Money came, and there was a value for money. That changed the way we live, essentially.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    According to me the best invention would be COMPUTER without which nothing is possible today.

COMPUTER:
    The first operational electro-mechanical computer was used to crack secret Nazi codes. Innovation has miniaturized computers while increasing their power exponentially: the transistor, the integrated circuit and the microprocessor, increased the speed to process data, while the hard disk, modem and mouse boosted their power to make data accessible. They now fit in our pocket and the palm of our hand.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Computer Ha ! Nothing the thing that makes its worth is chips/processors. Really great invention.

* I wish I could know each and every thing about them * ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    silverscorpion
    I'm choosing one in my field.

The greatest invention in electronics is most probably the Transistor.
    Specifically, the "Junction" transistor invented by John Brattain.

And if not in my field, in general, I would go for the Wheel. It set forth the human civilization rolling..๐Ÿ˜›
    Yep, I second the transistor ๐Ÿ˜€ It sparked quite a revolution in technology over a relatively short time.

I'm not sure if the "wheel" fits in as an invention. I mean, it must have been a progressive discovery across time and region, as opposed to one man or woman thinking that a wheel is useful all the sudden. Just like lightning strikes sparking fires could have awed cavemen, maybe people saw the ease at which round boulders or logs rolled on the ground when they pushed them. But we'll never know ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The Electricity.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would consider electricity & fire a discovery not an invention as they already existed naturally. Since we are talking about of all time, I would vote for the fulcrum or gear/cog. For recent times only I would agree with the transistor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is said that "An intelligent person is one who learns from his mistakes but a wise man is one who learns from others mistakes". It would not be wrong...
Group discussions has been recently added for the recruitment of candidates in companies. They help in evaluating a person's inner thought while working with the company. Through GD's(Group discussions) we...
Lets join all together the questions asked in HR interviews. Q: Tell me about yourself The most often asked question in interviews. You need to have a short statement prepared...
Hello CEans! I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0. Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead...
I'll tell you a secret :sshhh:. Only a few among us know about this. Take this as a tiny announcement. Did not want to start a discussion thread in announcement,...