CrazyEngineers
  • What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives?
    It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other??

Post in your views.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 8, 2006

Neha
    What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives?
    It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other??

Post in your views.
    The greatest invention of all time is "Zero". Everything else is build around it .

-The Big K-
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • casualthrasher

MemberOct 9, 2006

Means of Transport(The first one was steam engine though i m not sure)..😁
    Cancel
  • Mahesh

MemberOct 9, 2006

I think greatest invention is E=mc^2.This formula revolutionised all fields.
    Cancel
  • vinod12345madhu

MemberJun 22, 2009

the wheel it change our lives
    Cancel
  • Differential

MemberJun 22, 2009

What about FIRE ????
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberJun 22, 2009

The Earth's Gravitational Force.
    Cancel
  • ms_cs

MemberJun 22, 2009

Computers ! 😀

In future it might be a nano technology, Am I right CEans
    Cancel
  • shalini_goel14

MemberJun 22, 2009

Earth's Gravitational Force is an invention. I used to think it was a part of discovery 😐

* Aeroplane *

ms_cs
    Computers ! 😀

In future it might be a nano technology, Am I right CEans
    Well I am happy with laptops and palmtops version of computers also. Don't make it so nano that it becomes bit difficult to even work.

PS: I guess this thread is somewhat similar to Durga's thread "#-Link-Snipped-#"
    Cancel
  • silverscorpion

MemberJun 22, 2009

I'm choosing one in my field.

The greatest invention in electronics is most probably the Transistor.
    Specifically, the "Junction" transistor invented by John Brattain.

And if not in my field, in general, I would go for the Wheel. It set forth the human civilization rolling..😛

On retrospect, a funny thought comes to my mind. I do think that the invention of "MONEY" is one very important one. Before that, people were doing barter and goods exchange. Money came, and there was a value for money. That changed the way we live, essentially.
    Cancel
  • vishnu priya

MemberJun 22, 2009

According to me the best invention would be COMPUTER without which nothing is possible today.

COMPUTER:
    The first operational electro-mechanical computer was used to crack secret Nazi codes. Innovation has miniaturized computers while increasing their power exponentially: the transistor, the integrated circuit and the microprocessor, increased the speed to process data, while the hard disk, modem and mouse boosted their power to make data accessible. They now fit in our pocket and the palm of our hand.
    Cancel
  • shalini_goel14

MemberJun 22, 2009

Computer Ha ! Nothing the thing that makes its worth is chips/processors. Really great invention.

* I wish I could know each and every thing about them * 😛
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJun 22, 2009

silverscorpion
    I'm choosing one in my field.

The greatest invention in electronics is most probably the Transistor.
    Specifically, the "Junction" transistor invented by John Brattain.

And if not in my field, in general, I would go for the Wheel. It set forth the human civilization rolling..😛
    Yep, I second the transistor 😀 It sparked quite a revolution in technology over a relatively short time.

I'm not sure if the "wheel" fits in as an invention. I mean, it must have been a progressive discovery across time and region, as opposed to one man or woman thinking that a wheel is useful all the sudden. Just like lightning strikes sparking fires could have awed cavemen, maybe people saw the ease at which round boulders or logs rolled on the ground when they pushed them. But we'll never know 😛
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberJun 22, 2009

The Electricity.
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberJun 23, 2009

I would consider electricity & fire a discovery not an invention as they already existed naturally. Since we are talking about of all time, I would vote for the fulcrum or gear/cog. For recent times only I would agree with the transistor.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register