GRAVITY IN SPACE

While i was thinking about gravity a question knocked in my mind, that whether the gravity outside the Earth atmosphere is precisely zero or a value lesser than that of Earth gravitational force.

Replies

• Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    When you move away from an object in space its gravitational pull keeps reducing exponentially and never is zero. While it reduces, the gravitational pull to another object increases exponentially. So, gravitational force is relative and hence cannot be zero.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gravitational force exists between any two masses - no matter where you are. It's directly proportional to the product of masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

To explain it in easier words - your computer's mouse and keyboard have a gravitational force between them.

PS: I'm not quite sure if the force continues to follow the rule under mobile frame of reference. When I get into such doubts, I always check with #-Link-Snipped-# . Sir - is the statement 'Gravitational Force Exists Between Any Two Masses - No Matter Where They Are' correct?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gravitational force exists between any two masses - no matter where you are. It's directly proportional to the product of masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
    PS: I'm not quite sure if the force continues to follow the rule under mobile frame of reference. When I get into such doubts, I always check with #-Link-Snipped-# . Sir - is the statement 'Gravitational Force Exists Between Any Two Masses - No Matter Where They Are' correct?
    Right you are on the nose.
    May not apply when the two masses are moving apart at the speed of light, though. In that case they may not exist for each other.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Adding a new smartphone to its Galaxy series, Samsung India has now launched the new Samsung Galaxy Star, an Android Smartphone that has vowed to compete with the likes of...
The news that Google Inc. is going to help in funding and developing of wireless networks in emerging markets has spread like wildfire. The headlines broke out, when WSJ posted...
It might be the battle of the operating system capabilities, but the marketing teams at Microsoft surely have a target to take down - iOS. Take a look at following...
Hey i have a problem, I have to simulate a lanewalk program in matlab to show the position of a marine vessel in the inertial frame of reference after integrating...
1)what is the use of the SATA cable that we use in computer components 2)what is ddr1 ddr2 and ddr3 ..its called dynamic discharge ram..how is it different from the...