Graphene to help create real world 3D holographic images

Dr. Qin Li from Griffith School of Engineering is confident of future with your mobile, TV displays capable of throwing out real-looking, full-color Microsoft Hololens : Reality Is Now A Matrix!. Dr. Li and her team have been experimenting on the wonder material Graphene Bulbs, Because LED Bulbs Are So 2015! to discover its unimaginable applications in the world of optical data storage, 2D and 3D image processing and information processing. Dr. Li says that while there's a lot of work yet to be done, she is hopeful about the research leading to 3D images leaping out of TV screens in near future.

Graphene, a single layer, two-dimensional allotrope of Carbon has kept the researchers on their toes for nearly a decade now. Graphene is about 100x stronger than steel (by weight), has exceptional electric and thermal transfer capabilities and has shown exciting applications across various industries - from military to medical.

3D-Holograms-Graphene
Image Credit: Dr. Qin Li​

Dr. Li further says that their consortium which includes Beijing Institute of Technology and Tsinghua University has successfully shown that the photo-reduced graphene oxide (rGO), directly written by a laser beam can produce full color, wide-angle 3D holographic images. The flat optical index modulation in the rGo allows for wavelength-multiplexed, full color 3D holographic images with viewing angle up to about 52 degrees.

Graphene is also being thought of as an alternative to indium, the metallic element that makes it to most of the electronic circuits. Dr. Li calls the prospects 'thrilling'. Those interested in the detailed research work may head over to the source link below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scientists are working on the alternatives of synthetic fuel that could one day replace naturally occurring crude oil. One of the Audi’s project partner and research facility-Sunfire in Dresden, Germany...
Indian smartphone manufacturer Intex has added a new product to its Aqua series, Aqua Power+. This flagship from the company has been announced at same price as that of its...
I have posted this query many times but didn't get any expert advice i expected. I am a mechanical engineer and will be leaving my job from next month. Job...
Hi guys, I need suggestion. Do u guys have some innovative ideas. Well I want to develope game same as that of clash of clans. Plz suggest me how can...
Hello everybody! can anyone really help me to how to learn dynamic programming!!