Graphene Audio Speaker : The Future Of Audio Speakers.

Scientists have often mentioned Graphene as super-power semiconductor for upcoming electronics technology, whether it is CPU,Memory or whatever. Use of Graphene is not done except from testing purpose as more to be revealed of this material.However,one area where graphene has already been used most is Audio Amplifiers. Cornell University Engineers developed electrostatically driven an ear-sized graphene speaker which has an ideal property of speaker of generating constant sound pressure level from 20hz to 20Khz.

Graphene+speaker

The construction of New Graphene speaker is quite simple,A Graphene diaphragm is placed between two electrodes which is capable of creating electric field.The oscillations of field causes Graphene to vibrate & generation of sound takes place.

Even with such a simple design,it's been noticed that Graphene speakers are outperforming the high-end headsets which are available in the market.

Qin Zhou & A.Zettl of Cornell University explained the reason : The diaphragm in the speaker is nothing but a harmonic oscillator with mass & restoring force that determines the way it vibrates & transmits the different frequencies.Diaphragms are usually damped to increase the range of frequency which is complex & expensive,and that what is not done in Graphene Speaker makes it even more awesome.

Read Official Mail listing : #-Link-Snipped-#

Source : element14.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tech enthusiasts may have to stretch their brain muscles a bit. Remember NotionInk? The Indian tablet maker that promised a ton of things but couldn't deliver - seems to have...
A New Kernel Patch was released, which now makes the intel GPUs overclockable. A kernel Patch was done by Intel's Ben Widawsky to their DRM driver,the correction was made for...
According to IANS Report, Tarun Vijay said that Google should be charged for violating India's defense regulations on maps. Tarun Vijay quoted in report, "Restrict them, invoke the relevant law...
dear CE'ans please tell me that what is the impact of a particular value of reynold's number on the jet of water incoming out of a duct, turbine exit etc....
I am a student of 3rd yr ME...I will appear GATE 2014.Pls suggest books and strategy sirs.I have to crack it in first time. Thank u