graduation project

hi my name is alaa i study communication engineering im looking for help in my graduation project.my project about tracking device using bluetooth,my idea is to use too devices one on the person that we want to track and the other with me,i dont know where to start,i wana circuits for this informations.thanx.

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    No Brain No Gain
    hi my name is alaa i study communication engineering im looking for help in my graduation project.my project about tracking device using bluetooth,my idea is to use too devices one on the person that we want to track and the other with me,i dont know where to start,i wana circuits for this informations.thanx.

your idea is to track the person..is it so?
  • No Brain No Gain
    No Brain No Gain
    yes,but we also can track childs animals.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You will first need to determine some objectives before hand, such as:

1. What is the range of detection
    2. Maximum size of tracking device placed on object

A method of detection include triangulation. This will probably be the easiest method, but would only be effective if coupled with GPS.

Bluetooth might not be a good option to use because of its high frequency selection. Signal strength will easily fade, and there might be a lot of interference from existing 2.4 GHz WLAN deployment areas.

May I suggest the used of lower frequencies? Maybe under 100 MHz.. or pick a frequency that aligns with RFID ones, such as 13.56 MHz.
  • No Brain No Gain
    No Brain No Gain
    first thanx for your help,second i chose bluetooth because in my country we cant use GPS,and as you know its a graduation project so the range will not be big it will be like 50 meter,can you please explain the triangular method to me and about the other frequencies how can i use them??if you have any site that contain informayions or circuits that would be kind of you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi. 😀 What according to you should be done? "Free Web Hosting OR Your Own 'dot-com' Name Website??" What should be done? Why? 😒
Hi friends, I have a competition in my college in poster designing on the topic "cloud computing" , Can anybody please help me to start with it please!!!
I am looking for information on technology or methods used in rural electrifiction mostly on off grid networks
Hey CEans! While applying for jobs, I was having some inclination towards pursuing postgraduate studies part time locally. A couple of questions popped up, and hopefully this post will also...
CEans, If you want a free virus & malware protection for Windows powered PC, you should take a look at Microsoft Security Essentials : Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection |...