Graduated in Electrical Engg in 2008, didn't get a job, now I have four years gap

I'm a B.tech(Electrical and Electronics Engg) grad passed out in 2008, inspite of my continuous trials I didn't get a job. Tried and tired with references it has wasted my time that they asked me to wait for their call letter, don't now what to do now, its already been 4 years of gap.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dear Vineeth, good to have you with us. In order to help us understand your situation better, could you reply to following questions -

1. What is the reason you think you did not receive a call or got rejected from the interviews that you appeared?

2. How have you spent last four years apart from applying to jobs?

3. Which type of companies have you applied for? Did you try for smaller companies or just the bigger brands?
  • vineeth123
    vineeth123
    Thanks for being connected to me.
    1. I have been applying for govt core jobs, Gate and defence jobs too, reached final stage but couldn't have got selected. The companies which I attended for interview with references, told me that they will send me call letter, but I didn't recieve any call letter. It was also one of the reasons that lagged my time.

2. I applied for small companies in my city with references. I couldn't come to bangalore or chennai for job trials due to my personal problems from 2008-last month. Now when I look back it's 4 years of gap. I'm worrying more, but its my unintentional fault.

3. I applied for only small companies.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    From where you are?

Why were you applying through references buddy? I know that it's easy to grab a job through any reference but that makes you lazy.

See, i am also of 2011 batch. No company came, even i am from a small place where i didn't find any job. I had asked for reference to many persons but they didn't help me. I had wasted my 4-6 months with this laziness. Then i tried a lot and finally grabbed a job in a small company after so many rejections. Still, my pay is nothing but i am happy that i got a job with my own talent 😀

Buddy, 4 year gap means a lot for MNC's. But you can try hard for small companies as there will be no percentage & gap criteria. Try BPO and side by side keep your preparation.
  • vineeth123
    vineeth123
    I didn't completely depend on references.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Wasting 4 years in seeking a job doesn't make any sense.. I think you had wasted your most of the time in the wait of reference call.. Isn't it?

Try any company tech support, BPO and move on.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    vineeth123
    I didn't completely depend on references.
    Gap of 4 years definitely not acceptable for most of private companies.
    You are saying that you did good at gate/govt jobs. there is one way to go for masters if you can and keep trying side by side for govt job...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a list of project ideas related to Agriculture Engineering. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
A coating for aircraft, bridges, and other structures could make it easy to detect unseen damage. New kinds of coatings and sensors that can help engineers detect stress or deformation...
Hello engineers !! I want to ask a question about the IC TBA 820 M: "Is there any equation that calculate the output of the IC TBA 820M ??" Thank...
I had a chance to be a part of the TEDx event organized at SONA College of Engineering in Salem. Listening to Rahul Kapoor was an amazing experience and I'm...
hi everyone... i wanna design mini ups system as my mini project...right now my persuing my engineering 4th year in electrical discipline..so everyone and anyone help me in acheiving my...