Grade of cement

What is meant by grade of cement? How is it determined and what is the procedure to determine the grade? I'd really appreciate your answers.

Replies

• gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    zaveri
    What is meant by grade of cement ?
    Grade of cement is its compressive strength expressed in N/mm2
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    gopaldeshpande
    Grade of cement is its compressive strength expressed in N/mm2
    does it mean that greater the grade, the greater the compressive strength.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    zaveri
    does it mean that greater the grade, the greater the compressive strength.
    Yes. There are two grades of cement available in the market viz; 43 and 53 grade. The comp strength of 43G is 43N/mm2 and 53G is 53N/mm2.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This problem might have been solved by now but the book i have states that this problem has not been solved yet(then)(my book is 3 years old)...! This is an...
I wrote my first XML code using XSL. But a problem has encountered when I am trying to execute it. It is displaying the error as error on line 1...
Netflix has now open sourced it's Chaos Monkey on 30th july. Chaos Monkey is nothing but a wild monkey that is left open within a cloud to terminate instances. Sounds...
Microsoft just updated Homail as outlook..... just login to outlook.com from your hotmail/live credentials . First look is very simple and just simple looking mobile OneNote app and pretty fast.
can anyone tell how to design scissors for a blinds?? this was a question of a competitive design exam...