GoogleServe 2011 - How Googlers Give Back To The World

Over the last month, more than 7,700 Googlers helped serve their communities across 400 different projects as part of GoogleServe, an employee-driven initiative organized almost entirely by volunteers. Through partnerships with nonprofits, schools and local governments, Googlers from 119 cities in 36 countries helped communities in need with projects ranging from educating youth about online bullying to cleaning up local rivers and parks.

Here’s a sampling of some of the projects Google participated in this time around:

• In New York, we led resume writing workshops and provided career coaching to #-Link-Snipped-# members seeking employment.
  • We helped Homepage | Mountaineering Ireland construct drains in order to maintain a stretch of trail along the Dublin Mountains Way.
  • We facilitated a strategic planning session for staff from the #-Link-Snipped-# in Seattle.
  • We conducted an online tools workshop for NGOs in Singapore with the #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • We fixed up bikes with #-Link-Snipped-# in Pittsburgh, which will be donated to local nonprofits and residents.
  • At the #-Link-Snipped-# area in West Delhi, we cleaned and removed old, decayed posters with the help of “#-Link-Snipped-#,” an organization which has taken up the initiative to minimise abuse of public property.
  • We provided one-on-one consultations with high potential, low income women starting their own businesses with the #-Link-Snipped-# in San Francisco.
  • We ran a bookmaking workshop for elementary school children with 826LA in Venice, CA.

Could we start something like that through CE Meets?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the best high-definition movies to watch at home? I have been looking for buying a few blu-ray disks. Can we make a list of the best HD movies...
hello....Can anyone helpme out in how to use a single supply opamp amplifying micro volt signals..? I have used the technique of shifting the virtual ground to vcc/2 with tlc272...
if your pen drive shows when your trying to do format "the disk is write protected " then.. 1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this...
Friends, I am going to buy a digital camera for vacations. I was thinking which one is the best? I want one for a rough and tough use. Something like...
where we use roller supports?? and how it works??? plz give me some common examples.