Google's PR Update for November 2011

1. Crazy Engineer's Forum attained PR5 from PR3, in Next update the domain itself is scheduled for PR6
2. Crazy Engineer's Facebook fan page also gets to PR5
3. Grasshopper Network Gets a PR1 for the domain and some 50 odd internal pages as PR3. our facebook fan page gets PR2.
4. Integrated Ideas gets a PR3 for the domain.

Happy but far from being satisfied. Another restless and relentless battle ahead! Whats your PR for the Update.

[ I discovered, the lesser pages you have initially and the more links you get, you get higher PR. Try to give better content like CE and PR will chase you, alongside you will get better visibility is SERP]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Rupam: Could you elaborate your procedure to check page ranks of websites?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    AbraKaDabra
    @Rupam: Could you elaborate your procedure to check page ranks of websites?
    Akd, Please Download this toolbar and add to your chrome browser. It will show the Alexa of the domain and visited page PR instantly.

#-Link-Snipped-# ( Or search Alexa/PR extension for Chrome)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've been PR5 since last 5-8 months. I don't check PR quite often; PR died in 2009, I think.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    The_Big_K
    We've been PR5 since last 5-8 months. I don't check PR quite often; PR died in 2009, I think.
    You are spot on Dear K. Actually Domain PR for CE has been 5. PR is relevant to each page. and The Home page of the forum i.e. /forum was 3 which has now become 5. PR is meaningless once your site has grown older like say one year. You will be anyhow getting authority due to domain age and natural links.

But when the site is new, a high PR helps in getting extra links 😀
    Same with Alexa. Once site grows and participation is increased, it automatically rises. Need a little work to hold on to it. But for breaking that magic figure of 1,00,000 need regular monitoring.

Now as Google has made your adspace targetable, a High PR and Good Alexa increases the average CPC, which is usually low for low PR site. Again these are my own observations!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/Journals/1/Files/2011/11/1/TE_2011_SHORTLIST.pdf?cmpid=TE01
A more holistic approach may be needed to decide on large scale biofuel use. APJ Kalam wanted to promote Jatropha as a source for biodiesel. The great advantage of this...
Rumours can be nasty. At an individual level many careers have been ruined both at studies and at jobs by malicious rumours. It now appears that this may be a...
Nov. 7, 1905: Remote Control Wows Public | This Day In Tech | Wired.com
"Google in some ways is more competitive and is certainly trying to build their own little version of Facebook. When I look at Amazon and Apple, I see companies that...