Google's #PledgeToVote Campaign Featuring Shyam Negi - Do Your Bit!

97yrs old Shyam Saran Negi is India's first independent voter.
He has been believing in democracy since 1951.

It is interesting to note that the upcoming Indian Elections will be the largest democratic election in history, with over 800 million voters.

This is the true story of a man who never missed an opportunity to vote.
Mr. Shyam Saran Negi, a school teacher from a remote village in the foothills of the Himalayas, has voted in every General Election since 1951. Mr. Negi pledges to vote in the 2014 elections, and so should you.

Watch this -

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    The Greeks must be jealous of us today 😛.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it just me or we have people who believe that 'democracy' is a big fat lie? 😨

PS: I'm voting in 2014 elections.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Its not a lie but its more of a joke actually

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's communication satellite, INSAT-3E has opted out of service about 4.5 years before it's official retirement age. The INSAT-3E served India for a period of 10.5 years since September 2003,...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. has launched the Galaxy Tab4 series of tablets in three size variants. These include - Samsung Galaxy Tab4 8.0, Tab4 10.1 and Tab4 7.0. Offered in...
Minnowboard Max is the second in the line of Minnowboard series of mini-computers launched by MinnowBoard.org for the DIYers. Just a few months ago, the MinnowBoard had announced their own...
Critical Temperature: It is temperature at (and above which) a gas/ vapor cannot be liquified no matter how much pressure is applied to it. Critical Pressure: It is the pressure...
I had an opportunity to watch the 4K Ultra-HDTV at a Sony showroom and was fairly impressed by the quality of the display. Samsung recently announced 4K Monitors in the...