Google's "Plaso" Could Be The Next Apple Pay Rival

Why would the search-giant keep quite when Apple introduced Apple Pay? Surely, the tech town was anticipating that Google isn’t far away from introducing a similar tap-to-pay payment system. Reportedly, Google is testing a mobile payment system titled “Plaso” on Android that works similar to Apple Pay. #-Link-Snipped-#claims that Google has begun testing of Plaso since last fall and it can be integrated with any point-of-sale or can be run on Android devices. It uses Bluetooth to detect when a customer enters the store also allowing to verify the identity of customers by telling their initials to merchant. Exact details on how Plaso would work have not yet been out. On the parallel side, Apple Pay requires user to register fingerprint first and it verifies at the time of making payment. As of now, based on the information available, Plaso verification seems unfair as anyone knowing the initials of Android user can make the purchase.

Plaso-By-Google-ApplePay-Rival

Google is said to have joined hands with Square, a credit card reader technology provide to implement the new payment system. The companies going hand-in-hand might have target to capture the market and take on rival Apple Pay. Unlike Apple Pay, it is believed that Plaso would work on Android devices having Bluetooth, which includes every smartphone. The report points out that Papa John’s Pizza and Panera Bread Co. might be the participating retailers. Cupertino based Apple introduced Apple Pay when it unveiled the latest iPhones 6 and 6 Plus last year. The company also ensued that it would also work with upcoming Apple Watch. Earlier in 2011, Google introduced mobile payment system Google Wallet which didn’t do well and now it’s yet another attempt to revolutionize the payment system.

The only option now is to wait and watch till company declares any further details about Plaso. We’ll love to know your views on this in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's bringing their balloon powered Internet project (aka Project Loon) to India. The Internet search giant has said that it's working with the Government of India to explore the possibility...
So I was talking to a few of my old friends who lost touch after they went abroad and are around the city only once a couple of years for...
kaustubh sir will u plz tell me hw to quote anyone personally and hw to download anything..........i am nt able to do...😔😔😔😔😔
hello , am a senior computer engineering student looking for a creative,simple ,doable and never done idea. i need to do it through 3 months. we are two members group...
Microsoft has announced the release of the first build of Windows 10 technical preview for phones. This experimental build of Windows 10 for phones is currently available for Lumia 630,...