Google's New Acquisition: Visual Search Engine 'Like.com' for $100 million

Google is shopping again - and their latest purchase is Like.com for about 100 million dollars. Munjal Shah, the co-founder and CEO of like.com has announced the news like's homepage.

It's interesting to note that in 2005, Google had tried to acquire RIYA (the company behind like.com) but the deal didn't get through.

The deal will help Google incorporate visual search technology in its search engine.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Those who are taking GRE struggle a lot with the word lists. In my opinion, 2 - 2.5 months is ample time for being confident with word lists. Let's...
From whatever I've collected from the Internet; Samsung developed the S-AMOLED technology to handle the drawbacks of the OLED technology they used for displays. Now, how about someone well informed...
Can Any one please explain me the concept of computer memory clearly,What I know is that - 😕RAM is for a volatile memory and only used for processing (current process)...
Design engineering team at TAKRAM have developed a Hexapedal running robot that mimics an insect running. The design is based on Stanford's iSprawl. If you are in Tokyo, you can...
hello.. i have to give presentation on " solar powered air compressor". so anyone can explain this broadly in its all aspects..!!