Google Updates Algorithm To Prevent Spammy Sites

This would be a typical news item but I'd like to discuss this from a CS engineering perspective. The biggest challenge in front of Google is that they should filter the low-value websites and rank quality websites on the top. As mentioned on their official blog, Google's new algorithm update affects 11.8% of their total search queries. Read more: Official Google Blog: Finding more high-quality sites in search

Now, let's try to figure out what's are the alternate ways Google can tackle this problem. Imagine a bunch of about 1000 websites, interlinked with each other. For any particular query, the search engine must return the high-quality and relevant website on the top.

How would you build logic and a simple flowchart for this task?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung, the leader in display technology is now working on a new technology that will make OLED and CLD look like a thing of past. The biggest disadvantage OLED had,...
I feel sad to see the lack of awareness and willingness among engineers about entrepreneurship and starting new companies on their own. I thought of collecting information about the lesser...
If you feel too tired to drive after a long day at your office or if you are simply too lazy to put your hands on the steering wheel, then...
CEGONSOFT is continuously spamming CE Forums and I want to make CEans aware that the companies that spam forums and ignore our warnings should be banned. I'd never trust a...
sir, can u plz send me a final year project related 2 microcontroller..........on my mail