Google Sky and Slooh bringing live Astronomy

For some time now, Google Sky (See here: Google Sky)
has enabled users to view a wide range of imagery from high-level sources like the Hubble Telescope, NASA satellites, and the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.

But the service has never provided a method for users to view community-created imagery, or to participate in the viewing of live events like eclipses.
Until now.

On Friday, Google announced a partnership with Slooh, a New York company that offers the public Internet-based access to a global network of observatories, and a diverse and constantly growing collection of telescopic viewing and photography "missions."

If you haven't heard of Google Sky, See this video:

[video=youtube;oRV4b8RNGrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRV4b8RNGrc[/video]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Now stargazing is more social ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I bet Durga is already part of the community! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ˜

my moony pics will be soon available for you guys to see, now that i brought a camera holder for my telescope ๐Ÿ˜›, but sad, it doesnot scale beyond our solar system

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook has been slammed for keeping photos deleted by users for as long as 30 months. It has admitted it had been keeping deleted photos for a 'limited' amount of...
They smashed through the last stretch of rock Friday to create the world's longest tunnel. This project that has been 60 years in the making. A gigantic drilling machine broke...
Hackers in China have stolen secrets on South Korea's defence and foreign affairs by using bogus emails claiming to come from Seoul officials and diplomats, the intelligence agency said Friday....
Engineers from had developed a device that could be dropped into a small borehole and lowered and raised quickly and repeatedly. The system that was developed, the Dahlbusch Bomb, had...
Harvard Business School has received a gift of $50 million from Tata Companies, the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and the Tata Education and Development Trust, philanthropic entities of India's Tata...