Google Sheet Import : Why Is Append Rows To Current Sheet Disabled?

Anyone here uses Google Sheets for maintaining their excel data online?
I have multiple spreadsheets and want to combine their data into a single spreadsheet.
In the main Google Sheet, I clicked on File > Import.
It showed me all the spreadsheets available in my Google Drive.
I selected the one I wanted to merge with the main sheet.
It gave me following options -

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 9.58.19 AM

As you can see from the image above, the actions for 'Create new Spreadsheet, Insert new Sheet and Replace spreadsheet' are enabled.

But the ones I need -

"Append rows to current sheet" or "Replace data starting at selected cell" is greyed out or disabled.

Anyone knows why that's the case? Am I doing something wrong or the feature isn't made available yet?
Any help would be great. 😀

Replies

• siswanto
    siswanto
    Hallo ankita,

in my experience, you should change .xls file to .csv file
    hope this answer help you

Regards
    Siswanto
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# I'll try that soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG G3 Stylus was launched today in India at a price of Rs. 21,500. So, a CEan requested to start a discussion about the comparison between LG G3 Stylus and...
At a time when people around the world were busy discussing Windows 10, some folks at Microsoft’s research wing were busy finalising a proof-of-concept technology that would transform any room...
The construction of the world's biggest telescope or TMT (Thirty Meter Telescope) on the Hawaii Island near the Mauna Kea Volcano has begun. That's right. With India, Japan, US, Canada...
As the news of first online murder likely to happen by year-end is making rounds of the internet, in another news the internet giant Yahoo! announced that three of its...
Did any one face this problem today😕