Google Search Extends Support To Android Apps

In the perilous times of Data Smog, where the apps are aplenty, the short attention span makes no-one a cognoscenti. Search is our savior, sieving through a thousand resources in the thousandth of a second, and Google is pushing its exploration into the overwhelming mountain of apps. Navigation is increasingly becoming difficult with the clutter on our smartphones and most of the apps installed by the user are barely even used.

Google-knowledge-graph

Google wants to optimize the function of an app and will directly take you to somewhere specific in a relevant app when you enter your search keywords. For example, your search could play a certain artist in your music player app. All you do is search the name and a tap will play the artist on any of the supported apps, including Spotify, Youtube and TuneIn. A similar approach will be implemented for other apps using the Knowledge Graph. The bridge between search and the app is built by using a modified version of Googlebot which uses 'deep links' to point to a specific feature in an app. Deep linking has been in-built in Apple and Google's operating system for a while, though the Search is only limited to Android as of now, with intentions of extending to iOS. The company also announced that all apps that allow indexing would be eligible for search.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is going to launch Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) C-23 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC)-SHAR, Sriharikota (located at 100 km north from Chennai)....
There is no puzzle here. Nor maths, well geometry perhaps. Shows you how to draw a perfect circle free hand:
Hi everyone, I am a working professional in an Healthcare IT products company. I have completed my B.E in ECE and choose to start my career in Computers as it...
How to apply an industry to do inplant training 3-5days.Without knowing any person in a company whom i should contact.Did any one knows about this please give a brief xplanation!!!!Because...
Today CEan @safwan is celebrating his birthday. Wish you many happy returns of the day buddy. Looking forward to see you again on CE. 😀