Google released Hangout Captions for hearing-imparied

With Googl'e new release of hangout captions, people who are deaf or Hearing-impaired, Hangouts group video chats can now follow the conversation through live captions.

Google’s Technical Program Manager for Accessibility Engineering Naomi Black, expresed that users can either use in live captions from a professional transcription service, or simply do it themselves and type the spoken word into a text box within the Hangout app.

Black illustrated the functionality with the following video:

-CB

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is ahh-mazing! Such releases go to say that the big corps are out to do good for them and for the world and not just running behind financial incentives. Watching the technologies such as these that make the world a better place to live always make my day.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this spring season, rather we must say before holiday season. Google is going to phaseout following applications: Google Mini, Google Talk Chatback, Google Video (20 Aug 2012), Symbian Search...
hiiiii i m pooja,and i m doing my 3rd yr b.tech wid electrical engineering branch... i just wan to make a model for my final yr ,plz do suggest some...
i have no working experience, give me chance to involve and get some for our goods 😀
Any online gaming lovers on the forum? Have you played Lord of Ultima? any reviews? -CB
Other virus will affect computer that being affected by DNS charger virus. The virus was a part of an online advertising scam, luring users into thinking they're on a safe...