CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 18 Apr, 2015 • 1 like
Google's Project Loon, as you may already know, is an ambitious project to deliver the Internet around the world using tens of thousands of balloons floating in the sky. According to the latest video from Google (embedded below), Google's Mike Cassidy (in-charge of the project) says that Google's using its own manufacturing facility and automated systems to deliver a balloon in hours instead of days. He further says that the company is now ready to launch thousands of balloons in the Sky.

Google's conducting trials of the Project Loon project with leading service providers like Telstra in Australia, Telefonica in Latin America and Vodafone in New Zealand. Google's been working on this project for the last few years and is now confident of launching the project. We've written in-depth articles about Project Loon on CrazyEngineers.

Project-Loon-Update

Google's experiments have revealed that the balloons can stay afloat in the sky, at an altitude way above the passenger gets fly, for up to 6 months. Google's developed software systems and hardware that can keep real-time track of the balloons and predict where the balloons can be retrieved from. In addition, the company claims to have developed a very reliable launch system for the balloons. Cassidy further said that with the new automated crane system, Google can now launch dozens of balloons every day.

Google's not talked about the commercials so far and how the end users will access the Internet. Google will deliver the Internet using the existing service providers. Cassidy said that the vision for the project is to make the Internet available to anyone with an Internet ready smartphone. Do check out the video released by Google below and let us know your thoughts.

Source: PCWorld

Also Read:
@Satheesh S.S • 18 Apr, 2015 i have some alternate desion on this project
@Kaustubh Katdare • 19 Apr, 2015
satheesh.s.s
i have some alternate desion on this project
Post them here 😀
@Satheesh S.S • 19 Apr, 2015
Kaustubh Katdare
Post them here 😀
but ithink to do as my final year project
6.1k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · May 17, 2013

The Indian Government is looking to it that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is develops the Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System or the IRNSS to provide two important services....
6.4k views

@Vivek_rajput · Nov 25, 2015

I m from chandigarh university, accord to university i am placed in cognizant in the on campus drive, its been more than 2 months now but havnt received any offer...
3.5k views

@jaspal rautela · Jun 11, 2012

Just wondering what's the actual and exact function of a shaft in any engine inside a vehicle?
8.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 19, 2010

L&T InfoTech is hiring at various campuses all over India. The integral part of L&T InfoTech's campus recruitment process is Group Discussion. One of the CEans informed me that L&T...
29.2k views

@sweet_honey · Oct 26, 2012

Since the campus preparations are going on so this question is very popular among all. I thought to share it here with all. So describe yourself in one word.. (May...
5.4k views