Google Play Books Vs. Flipkart Flyte Ebooks - Pricing Comparison

Finally, Google's launched ebooks in India through their play store. What that means is that Flipkart's flyte is going to get fierce competition from the bigger rival, Google. India until now didn't have access to the Google Books, which claims to have ~40 million books in their bag. Flipkart too is a big player and being an early mover, has enjoyed the benefits. But the competition is going to be fiercer from now on.

Google's got some advantage here - they are the owners of Android operating systems and already have every android user signed up to the Play Store. Both Play Books and Flyte eBooks will require you to download their own book reading app before you can download and read books.

Play Books Vs. Flyte - Who's Got Them Cheaper?

For most of the titles I checked, Google Play's offering the books for a few rupees (mostly < Rs. 10) cheaper. If that matters to you, you might just download stuff from Google Play store.

Immortals of Meluha : Flyte: Rs. 98 , Google Play: Rs. 97
The Sins Of The Father (Jeffery Archer) : Flyte: Rs. 194 , Google Play : Rs. 190
India After Gandhi (Ramchandra Guha): Flyte: Rs. 320, Google Play: Rs. 314
The Secret Of Nagas: Flyte: Rs. 123, Google Play: Rs. 120.

I'm wondering who'd you prefer for downloading books? Flipkart or Google? Why? Are there any advantages one offers over the other?

Replies

• ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    My vote is for google play books. When using android why to prefer other vendors app when google itself is having its own app. The price difference is also not that huge and also google constantly updates and fixes bugs.

P.S : I prefer books over ebooks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo's new CEO, Marrisa Mayer is making significant changes to the way company operates to bring Yahoo back to it's lost glory. One of the recent decisions taken by Mrs....
When I run a code in wamp server it displays output but when I run the same code in Xampp server why it shows so many notices(with output) like- Notice:Undefined...
my power supply just broke and I want to build my own power supply which can be adjusted by a potentiometer that outputs 0-12Volts and a current of 1A or...
FM, P. Chidambaram is presenting Union Budget 2013 in parliament. Let's discuss the highlights and good / bad things about the same. -Cb

Me

😁 Hi guyz... M sruti currently getin trained in CDAC, kolkata😁 Was njoying the chit chats for Yashyant Kanetkar... so joined u guyz...