Google Page Speed Service: Speed Up Websites By 60%

Google Page Speed Service has been launched - Google's new online service to bring Google Speed to your websites. This time limited free online service speeds up loading of your web pages by 25% - 60%. In order to use the service, you have to #-Link-Snipped-# for the service and then, point your website's DNS to Google. The page speed service will fetch your website's pages and then process them. The service will analyze the pages, use page speed best practices and then serve them through Google's network of servers spread all across the world. The users of the site won't see any difference in the web pages, just that they'll load up way faster than they did earlier. You won't have to worry anymore about optimizing CSS, compressing images, caching and gzipping.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Google Page Speed Service

Note that the service is a paid service and Google says they'll offer competitive pricing. At present, the service is being offered to limited set of web publishers free of charge. Check out the details on #-Link-Snipped-#.With Google entering into the CDN market, the existing CDN providers will have a big competitor. It is surely going to be a lot difficult for them to compete with Google, given Google's global network of servers. We'll keep you updated as we learn more about the service.

Addendum:

How to use Google Page Speed Service

• You sign up and provide us with your serving and reference domains.
  • You send traffic to Page Speed Service by pointing your DNS CNAME entry to ghs.google.com.
Google serves requests received for your serving domain by fetching content from your reference domain and rewriting it.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers at University of Southampton have designed and tested the Southampton University Laser Sintered Aircraft aka SULSA. This unmanned air vehicle (UAV) could bring a new revolution to the economics...
Well, frankly speaking, I'm one of those self-obsessed guys who loves to take self-portraits and upload it on some social networking site in a hope to receive a few "likes"...
BMW's Eco-friendly ‘i’ Concept family's first cars - the all-electric car i3 and the hybrid supercar i8 have been unveiled. The BMW i3 Concept, also called as the MegaCity Vehicle...
If there is any problem associated with the implementation of Solar energy, then it is the unreliable nature of a typical solar day. Sun does not shine continuously. The heat...
The third 'Humble Indie Bundle' has incurred over 105,000 purchases in barely under 17 ho