Google Nexus TV Set-Top Box & TouchPad Remote May Launch in 2014

This is not the first time that we're talking about a TV from Google. But this time we are closer to reality. If rumors are to be believed, Google Nexus TV - the set-top box for streaming videos and playing games will be launching as early as first half of 2014. It is incredible to note that an anonymous Google source is now sharing that it could be a Android operating based television that is on the cards from the company. What we know for sure is that the Google Nexus TV would feature isn't the traditional idiot-box content. There won't be any room for live broadcast. It will show the web-rich media in your living room by streaming content from its own YouTube, Google Music and Google Movies. Moreover, it will come with Google Search embedded while running #-Link-Snipped-# 4.4 KitKat OS.

While we talk of streaming web content, we should mention this year's launch of the $35 HDMI plug-and-play device called Chromecast that did just that. But, it has to be taken into consideration that a full-fledged Nexus TV set-top box that runs Android is completely another league. Months ago, The Wall Street Journal #-Link-Snipped-# that Google showed off a prototype device in January at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. The device reportedly had a motion sensor similar to Xbox's Kinect technology, and also supported Google Hangouts for video conferencing.

google-nexus-tv

According to some reports, the Google Nexus TV will also come along with a touch screen remote to handle various tasks or the user's own Android mobile device could act as a remote and do the needful. There are reports about Google working on a Nexus TV with LG, and if new rumors are to be believed, then the device won't be an actual TV but a set-top box instead. Google could also collaborate with other manufacturers, like Logitech or even Samsung, to create the device.

What is your take on having an Android OS based Google Nexus TV in your living room? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir,I am last year student pursuing my degree in mechanical stream and I need an idea on which i can work and submit it to university as a project...
Hi ! I was trying to play an old vcd in which the file is in .dat format on my Ubuntu Machine, the problem is when try to play it,...
Question is self explanatory, need to know what does this operational word mean in Operational Amplifier, and what are advantages of using Operational Amplifier, as other systems can be applied...
What is the relationship between "voltage", "potential difference" and "e.m.f" ? Are they the same ? Second: In case of a DC current source, how do we determine the polarity...
Skysweeper is your power-line monitoring robot that scouts for faults on the power lines. The robot's been developed by engineers at the University Of California. The production version of this...