Google launches Swirl for easy image search

Google has launched a new tool called 'Swirl', which will help users to find images in an easier way. The tool automatically groups similar images into categories presented on results pages. "What Image Swirl does is - it automatically organizes image search results into groups and sub-groups. It's not just the face, the color, the visual features of the images; we look inside the image and ask how they relate to each other on a pixel level," said Aparna Chennapragada, Google Product Manager, to AFP.

Image Swirl currently works for more than 200,000 queries and we plan to include more queries in the future. Available queries will auto-complete as you start to type in the search box, similar to Google Suggest.

source : sillicon india

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Great! another achievement for google

I think some sort of grouping of images is already done by Microsoft's Bing Image Search

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

License: Freeware Operating systems: Win XP/Windows Vista/Win 2000/Win 2003 Server File size: 17.5MB Wireshark (previosuly known as Ethereal) is a popular, free tool for analysing your network. Wireshark analyzes the...
Microsoft Corp said on Tuesday it will launch its long-awaited Windows Azure cloud computing system on Jan 1, as it looks to take advantage of the growing interest in internet-based...
I just got the news that our CEan Mahesh_Dahale is now Microsoft Certified Professional ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Heartiest congratulations to Mahesh! Rock on!
CEans, Here's our review of the book - https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/prisoners-of-hate-by-c-v-murali-book-review.62820/ If you have any questions, comments; post them here. We'll try to have the author to comment ๐Ÿ˜€ Best,
can somebody provide me source code of media player in java i need to submit as my project and i have no lead so if any one can then please...