Google Kicks Yandex out of Mail.Ru

Google will be the search provider to Mail.ru - Russia's leading web portal. Google will replace Yandex, Mail.ru's current search provider.

Google was Mail.ru's search provider until 2006. Yandex took over the search business for Mail.ru for three years. But now, Google is back with the offer that Yandex can't match.

This is a smart move for Google to make: Mail.ru has an estimated 10% search share in Russia, behind Google with 23%, but both pale in comparison to leader Yandex, which takes up no less than 58% of the market. By replacing Yandex as default search engine on the Mail.ru portal, Google will grow its share to over one third of the market.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    We all know that some great minds work at GOOOOOOOOOGLE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Website: Official Website of the movie 3 Idiots I just cracked the level #1.
1) Ubuntu Software Center To open the Software Center, click Applications > Ubuntu Software Center. You can find close to 2,200 different pieces of software to install in 12 categories:...
1. Size - One of the primary differences between netbooks and notebooks is their size. Netbooks are generally 12 inches or smaller, while notebooks are typically much larger. 2. Power...
Sir / madam, My question is Two machines can produce P & Q Products independently. Each machine can work for 8 hours each day. The time taken by each machine...
Folks, I am looking for a blower to produce a flow of ~150cfm (~4m^3/min) while pumping H2 pressurized at ~40bar. The blower needs to provide a pressure increase of ~5bar....