Google+ has 100 million active users, says Vic Gundotra

Google's top tech boss Vic Gundotra has tweeted that Google+ service now has over 100 million active users on mobile and desktop combined. There's no information available on Google's definition of 'monthly active users' yet. I've seen few people very active on Google+. However, it seems far away from replacing Facebook. Facebook too, isn't doing well on the stock markets.

I believe Google+ will grow because Google has a huge ecosystem integrated with it and it's adding more and more services to it on continuous basis. Do you think in future, Google+ will take over Facebook?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Facebook removed Orkut from its pinnacle and Many think Its term there is also short lived
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    Facebook removed Orkut from its pinnacle and Many think Its term there is also short lived
    Maybe, but Orkut never rose to the heights Facebook did. It's going to be really difficult for people to leave Facebook when they've all of their life's data stored in it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    It's going to be really difficult for people to leave Facebook when they've all of their life's data stored in it.
    I suppose only photos and friend list matters...
    And for those who count number of likes, comments on their update
    (No comments☕ )

I agree Google+ is really getting better at least for public discussions...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ianoop
    I suppose only photos and friend list matters...
    And for those who count number of likes, comments on their update
    (No comments☕ )

I agree Google+ is really getting better at least for public discussions...
    I am with you my friend

G+ has more professional look than that of Fb in my sight
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    Maybe, but Orkut never rose to the heights Facebook did. It's going to be really difficult for people to leave Facebook when they've all of their life's data stored in it.

the Number of USERS then also matters in Orkut's fall

now the number of internet users has grown leaps and bounds that added to popularity of Fb
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google hasn't been too vocal about it, but it has a massive 400 million 'registered' users. Of course, Google says nothing about their criteria of defining the active users, but we might safely assume that 100 million is the number of Google+ users who login to the site every month.

Orkut failed because Facebook offered a strong alternative, more features and a stronger platform. Orkut couldn't do anything as it saw users migrating to Facebook.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I don't know much about G+(I am not a part of it), But in my opinion Facebook will never be replaced with G+. It may be just that the activity in FB may slow down but not completely replaced.People may use FB and G+ in parallel.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's just matter of time that people will find something more attractive. But it's not happening anytime soon. Plus Facebook has already announced the plans to start a search engine. It'll offer personalised search; but Facebook will have to start looking at the big content that lies outside of its ecosystem. Google has a clear lead in that area and beating Google's time-perfected system isn't going to be an easy task.

Google+ might just make your searches more personal by enticing people to share more data about themselves. I like the circles concept; but it's still faraway from people's main place to build relationships.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey engineers..... 😀😀
Greetings CrazyEngineers! I have a topic that I would like to discuss with you all: keeping up with the latest technology. We all know that technology is no longer developing...
i m studing in ECE 7th sem and i have capused to the compony but i have interested in to do any social service to my country how can achieve...
One of my friend completed his BSc in bio tech.but he did not got the seat in mca.what he want to do now.is there any alter native way in his...