Google Glass Demo With Hangout In Air - Crazy Stuff At Google I/O 2012 [Video]

It was only last month that we told you about first ever #-Link-Snipped-#. And yesterday at the Google I/O conference, the company's co-founder Sergey Brin entered the stage wearing the Google Glass to do a special kind of demo. We saw skydivers, mountain bikers and rappellers get to the conference hall while using 'The Glass' to show the a live demo of where they are all along the way on a Google+ Hangout. Google, we are impressed. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe what it felt like to see it all. The tech town has gone as far as to say this was the best tech demo ever, surpassing Apple's famous keynotes till date.

[​IMG]

So, for the uninitiated, here's the thing. Project Glass is Google's research and development program that has developed an augmented reality head-mounted display. Wearing a Google Glass you can see a hands free display of information and interact with the Internet via voice commands. The Google Glass hardware consists of a camera, a microphone for audio/video recording, a touchpad for navigation, a gyroscope, accelerometers, and a handful of other sensors.

The product (Google Glass Explorer Edition) will be available to United States Google I/O developers for $1,500 and the shipping will begin in 2013. Check out one of the practice jumps by the team in the video below -

Also don't miss the Project Glass: Live Demo At Google I/O video here -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Electrical Engineers on CE keep telling us how tough their initial years of learning are because electricity is an invisible entity and they have to imagine it flowing through stuff...
With Google Nexus 7, the internet tech-giant has entered the tablet market. This is the first time that the company has forayed hardware. We no longer see Google as just...
A recent judicial ruling in US has cleared the roads for "predictive coding", a technique implemented in order to sieve through a large database of information to produce relevant results....
Aakash 2, the tablet popular for being the world's cheapest, is all set to launch in August for a price of Rs. 2,263 ($39). The tablet will be running on...
Google operates very large, efficient and high performing data centers across the world. Google's opening their infrastructure to developers with large scale computing needs with a new service called Google...